I need help with making a mod pls help

Marshmelloen

I need help on making a mod that would be great to have for the entire community. but I have tried everything of my own knowledge on how to do it but can't figure out how.

My goal is to make a simple mod where you can attach light sources on your belt I just need help with the coding part mabye I am doing it completely wrong.

Pls help.

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2023 at 1:35 AM, Marshmelloen said:

I need help on making a mod that would be great to have for the entire community. but I have tried everything of my own knowledge on how to do it but can't figure out how.

My goal is to make a simple mod where you can attach light sources on your belt I just need help with the coding part mabye I am doing it completely wrong.

Pls help.

doing a quick search, the path is Project Zomboid\media\lua\client\Hotbar\ISHotbarAttachDefinition.lua for what thigns attach to a belt. 

attachments = { -- list of possible item category and their modelAttachement group, the item category is defined in the item script
        Knife = "Belt Left Upside", -- defined in AttachedLocations.lua
        Hammer = "Belt Left",
Is how its writen. There is a second thing below it fir the right side. What Im thinking is you check out how the walkie talkie works with 
Project Zomboid\media\lua\shared\NPCs\AttachedLocations.lua
also being in there and see if you can brute force something similar. No idea if the light will stay on but I would look up the light codes after that and see if you can add the attached state in. personally I never use flashlights but I also go with normal night time so it might be good for those who do harder versions and dont use cateyes