Zombie redistribution after reload

Sick Koala

Hi,

Today i found out that in a solo game when im reloading the game zombies around me are redistributed in their cells.

I'm fairly new to the game, only bought it June 29th. But i already have nearly 300hours of playtime and surely read every information about the game, mechanics and lore. I really love the game. But this "feature" i came across is really bugging me out.

I found this issue when i was clearing zombies on the highway south of West Point and a huge horde suddenly appeared seemingly because of a random meta event. At least 200 zombies where chasing me with hundreds more in the near vicinity. After a long session i exited the game to tackle the issue the next day only to find that the huge horde directly behind me vanished.

I understand that this is done to save data and make the game more reliable and to save the player from instant death. But it still bothers me. It bothers me so much that i really contemplate stopping playing it for the foreseeable future. Is there a ways to stop that redistribution on reload? Will it ever be "fixed"?

It bothers me because i can never postpone a fight after a long day of exploring and looting and I had planned to do more fights against huge hordes. Do i have to never quit out of the game?

I would appreciate your thoughts about this "issue" and if possible answers to my questions.

If there is already a post about my questions im sorry and hope for a referral.

Big issue indeed. Bad for immersion and world coherence.

However, I haven't had the problem myself. Reloading a save always seems to replace zombies where they were before leaving.

Are you sure you exited the game correctly? When the game doesn't exit correctly, it sends zombies out super far, for some reason.

Try again and make sure to close the game normally.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived