Acne

Ikoistre

As a new player of this game, I've been really trying to get into it, but there was always something... missing. And through many hours of contemplation, I have finally managed to put a finger on it. The problem I discovered was the lack of acne. Acne is a fundamental part of life that accompanies the common person, and leaving it out of the game would be an act of treason against what makes us human. A survival game striving for utmost realism without acne is like a home without a roof. To many of the player base with acne, they would feel tremendously misrepresented by the perfect skin that the in-game characters display. This is why I feel it is important that acne is added to the game immediately. 

The default character not modified by any acne-related traits will have an increasing probability of getting acne if they have blood on their face and do not wash it. However, there will be positive and negative traits that modify this probability, with each of them worth 1 point. Acne will make your face more vulnerable to bleeding and infections, and you will be able to remove it using sharp objects such as knives. Removing it however, comes at a price; the character will feel pain from the surgical procedure, and there will be immediate bleeding. If these are too ambitious, acne should at least be a cosmetic feature that the player can select in the character creation page. 

Acne would bring to this game what it has always been missing. It WILL cement Project Zomboid as the greatest game of the 21st century. 

Edited by Ikoistre
Highlighting the part MadDan suggested as more feasible

I agree, adding acne to the game would revolutionize the gaming industry and pave a new path for a new era of video games. But I do feel like the cosmetic option would be better than adding it as a trait because that would give the game too many layers of complexity.

39 minutes ago, Avantex65 said:

Something not realy necesary, devs work on animals ans NPC'S and they should focus on more inportant stuff

This is a simple feature that would only take a few moments to implement and yet this would still add a newfound depth to the game. Saying that adding acne is not important is like saying that adding the roof is not necessary to building a house. It is not exactly a convincing argument.

On 8/1/2023 at 8:12 PM, MadDan said:

This is when games get too micromanage-y. There has to be limits to the complexity, and this is one of them. In terms of cosmetics, it would be fine like the makeup we have. Like adding scars to your character in character creation. Making an entire system around acne it is a bit much.

I agree, we don't need an entire system. Cosmetic acne would still be enough.

I think the most important thing to note here is that as 1mpy said, while it would take little to no effort to add, it would bring a whole new level of diverse representation to the game. 

Edited by Ikoistre
Better phrasing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wholeheartedly agree. The human skin has been misrepresented in media and video games for too long. The devs could add npcs, animals, and the like, but with such an important feature like acne missing? I fail to see any glimpse of reaching TRUE perfection. Though I do think acne should be limited to a cosmetic as not only would a whole system based off acne be overkill, but the system you have in mind could paint acne in a bad light therefore saddening the very people you are trying keep from being misrepresented.

All in all I believe adding acne into Project Zomboid would set it apart from any other game in terms of representation and realism and would go down in history as the GREATEST implementation of ALL TIME.