Good morning! I purchased Projectzomboid 5 days ago and so far I haven't been able to play without the game closing after 5-10 minutes.
I've already made numerous attempts to solve the problem, but none of them were successful... I'll leave here all the error logs I have:

hs_err_pid4804.log  --> this file is generated after running ProjectZomboid32.bat

No file is generated after running "ProjectZomboid64.bat" but the game keeps closing after an elapsed time

The two Windows events are generated after the game closes in that order... "application error" and "Nvidia OpenGL driver"

I play other games without having this problem like: Skyrim, Don't Starve, League of legends, Raft, Stoneshard, Subnaltica, among others.

after much research for a solution, I realized that many other people have this problem, either with Progect Zomboid or with Minecraft.

Log 01.png

Log 02.png

hs_err_pid4804.log console.txt

Edited by Nilt0nMendes

The error specifies that it would be an issue with nvoglv64.dll, which means it is caused by the Nvidia driver most likely.
I would first recommend reinstalling the game, make sure to manually delete any leftover files as well.

After that, check the links below, you will likely need to reinstall your graphic driver and install the latest one from the Nvidia website:
https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Faulting-module-nvoglv64-dll-when-launching-AutoCAD.html
https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/bug-random-nvoglv64-dll-crash-after-driver-update/185612

Hello Support Team, thanks for your attention and quick response... I read very carefully the links you indicated to me, I even found a discussion on the Nvidia forum that depicts a problem identical to mine, however, apparently, without a solution. I also ran all the alternatives mentioned in the links you suggested to me, but unfortunately, only one of them was "temporarily" effective, yes! after about 4 hours of playing I was surprised by another crash, but this time windows gave me a different event...

log 03.png

So I decided to research the error with ntdll.dll and found this topic... https://answers.microsoft.com/pt-br/windows/forum/all/erro-de-falha-no-bucket/be060dce- a5b7-4e49-b17a-7274e88a69de I executed the instructions which were temporarily effective as the same error with nvoglv64.dll reoccurred. Doing several tests I realized that it is only possible to play Project Zomboid for a certain amount of time; approximately 4h without the nvoglv64.dll error occurring again and after its recurrence it is necessary to do the following operations... clean the folders (temp, %temp%, and prefetch") as indicated in the topic above followed by the operations using prompt command: (SFC /SCANNOW), (DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth) and (DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth) then go back to playing for a certain amount of time; approximately 4 hours, doing this cycle.

unfortunately I don't have enough knowledge to identify precisely what is causing this, but I think the game is running nvoglv64.dll

I apologize for the length of the posts, but I'm trying to be as accurate as possible with the report of my actions in order to facilitate your understanding and a possible solution to the problem :)

Edited by Nilt0nMendes

Yeah unfortunately the error in the last screenshot is a ntdll crash.. which  as you may have looked into is still a driver / Windows related crash, therefore there is not much else I can suggest that is suggested on the Microsoft forums about the issue as for example here:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/1180713/app-crash-faulting-module-name-ntdll-dll

You may try doing a clean reinstall of your Nvidia drivers to make sure there are no issues with that specifically, you would need to use a Driver Uninstaller tool though, as the standard Windows uninstall generally does not fully reinstall the driver:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPqUeU09cf8

I've already done the alternatives using DDU to do a clean uninstall through safe boot mode, but unfortunately the problem is only solved for a while, then it crashes again :/

I still have some ideas of what I can do, but I'm afraid my alternatives are running out :/

Likely a full Windows reinstall would be able to fix it in that case, as the driver issues may be pretty hard to solve?
You may also try lowering your game settings to see if that prevents the crash.

3 hours ago, Beard said:

Likely a full Windows reinstall would be able to fix it in that case, as the driver issues may be pretty hard to solve?
You may also try lowering your game settings to see if that prevents the crash.

that's exactly what I'm going to do, although I already play the game with the minimum settings. I'm going to opt for version 21h2 by disabling windows update updates, as what I currently use has been updated
I've also wondered if the 8GB of memory listed in the game's requirements is enough

Edited by Nilt0nMendes