[41.78] [Singleplayer] Instant death on apocalypse mode

AlisterSinclair

Recently on a single player Apocalypse Mode save I was killed by a single zombie instantly, without any other injuries or negative moodles other than Anxiety from not smoking cigs. There was no changes in the sandbox, I wasn't carrying anything heavy and I wasn't exhausted. The death happens the same way as instant mortality on sandbox mode, without the screaming or animation, just a crunch sound effect and my character instantly dying. This happened with a single zombie, so it wasn't a drag down death. No mods were being used.

I have been successful in causing the same instant death on a previous backed up save of the world, albeit under different conditions (multiple zombies when the original 3 insta deaths happened with just 1, and also the insta death happening on the first hit. Both times I have caused it intentionally it took multiple hits, but it was on the first hit the three initial times.). The first video shows the insta death happening on the second hit, and shows the instadeath without the proper animation, while the second video shows the death after a number of hits but shows the lack of animation more clearly. Both times I show the character had full health, which in regards to the first one should mean it would take longer than 1 hit to instantly kill me, even if I was bitten in the throat.

On other worlds the death animation is fine, and my character takes a number of hits before screaming and flailing and dying as usual, but on the backup saves of this characters world the death animation does not play.

Edited by AlisterSinclair
formating

• AlisterSinclair changed the title to [41.78] [Singleplayer] Instant death on apocalypse mode
  • 2 weeks later...