Power whole towns with power grid function

Grimmo

I know this sounds like a long shot, but would it be possible to somehow fix a power plant or substation that could power a town? It would need electrician level 10 of cours. It’s been done a few times in apocalypse shows like the last of us. I feel like this would be the best alternative other than placing generators everywhere and having to maintain them.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the key problem with this would be: how do you run it?

There is, afaik, a Power Station in Louisville irl, but that is a natural gas power station, which simply wouldn't work without tremendous amounts of natural gas, which doesn't even exist in the game.

Even for smaller, player-built powerplants, there really isn't much that could be done that wouldn't require immense amounts of resources that would likely have to be shipped in from somewhere - which brings its own problems. Smaller-scale power stations that could power a small village might be feasible, perhaps by using hydroelectric power or something, but something to power all of Louisville, for instance, seems borderline impossible.

Some of the game river zones could be marked as available for building basic Hydroelectric stations, enough to power a settlement, and maybe big enough for a section of a city.
Other stations would use fuel, we could also have large generators that use steam.