Question Regarding Sheet Ropes and Mechanics

Zombloto

So I built a base on the top floor of Corman Medical. I made a rope around the back window, and destroyed the stairs so players couldn’t get up. Before I logged of I removed the rope so no noe could climb up, and closed the windows for good measure.

When I log back in a few hours later my base is looted, and there is a rope out the back window to get out. There are no stairs going up anywhere, and the only plausible entrance where the old stairs were is still boarded up and walled.

Could someone tell me a situation in which the players got up into my fort? Can they use sheet ropes to climb up a wall? I am totally confused...

I didn't know you could remove a rope.  I tried this several times in single player and clearly I have no clue.  In fact at one point I chopped down the window the rope came from and I ended up with a rope hanging in mid air.  Sooo...in response to your question, I would first have a question of my own:  'How do you remove a sheet rope?'

On to your actual question though...assuming there IS a mechanic to remove a sheet rope, I would hazard the guess that perhaps in multiplayer you can remove a rope and see that updated on your computer but to the rest of the world it may appear that the rope is still there.

Other than that, someone could always just build a new entrance to your base (stairs, etc) and then just demolish the way they got in and repair any damage they made to mess with your mind and make it look like Houdini looted your fort.

Archived