Beating an undead horse with a crowbar

themistershoe

So...I am one of the many people who play this game a lot. I have over one thousand hours in the game. More than 3/4s of that was spent in the Godz server.

Right now...our server is crumbling due to the quickness of releases destabilizing an important modification, which is the claim/ownership system with cars. This system is so insanely important to how the server runs, and right now due to responsibilities and just general lack of motivation we have fewer admins. We can't depend on the single owner of the place to do the whole job.

So while I know this has been suggested far more than having ponies restored at Pony Roam-O, we need a better and more rugged multiplayer system. Housing ownership is amazing, and so long as the factions get updated to properly allow restricted/unrestricted permissions in a more confluent way, we'll be happy. As it stands though vehicles are acting almost as houses. We depend on vehicles respawning as a lot of the time we have to abandon/ditch/etc. But there is no system of respawn, and reset zones no longer remove vehicles. There is no dismantle/salvage system. All these things are currently bugged within the mod an individual named Eris wrote. What most multiplayer servers need are cars that can be reset/dismantled, and a cogent claim system tacked on to that.

Basically you should be able to claim a vehicle like a house, and it has a predetermined timer to it disappearing as the mod was. All cars not claimed should be reset based on timers similar to how food respawns. If a vehicle is moved the timer resets. It's just simple logic.

What we have no are static cars that only an admin or a heavily modded system can take care of. That doesn't seem right. It also seems like a simple fix.

I hope before we get farm animals...we have proper cars. It's so necessary to this lovely game. Like a cherry on top of an already delicious cake. 

As breaking crucial mods, you can ask server owner to lock on 41.68 legacy version (via beta tab) until he is ready to migrate to newer versions of the game.

As the rest of your message - yes, a lot of mechanics, like sleeping do not really work in Multiplayer. Same goes for vehicles in active PVP server, the game is just not designed to support live economy as it now.

Since me & friends play PVE co-op, I don't really care about that, we don't even have loot respawn, but I do agree with your points.

As of dismantle/salvage cars, there is a well known mod https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2289429759 but yeah its weird that you can't dimantle cars just like wrecks on vanilla.

9 hours ago, themistershoe said:

I hope before we get farm animals...we have proper cars. It's so necessary to this lovely game. Like a cherry on top of an already delicious cake. 

I really don't think that supporting PVP servers live economy will have higher priority than new animal system :)