[41.65] Multiplayer Zombies despawn, Cars not working, Map Chunks not loading anymore

Xandor

Multiplayer
Host

Mods: Slocan Lake, OtR, Bedford Falls, Hydrocraft

First off i need to say that every single bug happened without the listed mods too so I dont know if they really matter. Im playing with a friend with an insane Zed population and every time we encounter more like 10-15 zombies the game is causing trouble. Sitting in a car causes my friends game to crash at some point or beeing stuck forever in a black screen. Fighting them causes some desyncs leading to despawns of several zeds that try to attack my friend (not if they are chasing me). If we restart after this happened some will spawn again, some wont. This could lead to another problem we encountered: Since we are playing on insane population the town should be full of zeds but its almost empty. I assume that this is connected to this despawn issue I already mentioned but im not that sure.
The last thing i want to list is that all of this happened in every single playthrough. At the end we needed to delete our savegame because it wasnt playable anymore. Either there were no zeds left as I already mentioned or the server wouldnt start at all or not beeing able to join. Yesterday the following issue happened to us, destroying our latest savegame. It was only loading the current chunk we spawned in and no matter what we tried it wasnt fixable at all. Rejoining or sleeping lead to a reset of the time to 12.30pm. So what have we done before? Since we knew fighting a larger amount of zeds leads to problems and despawning I tried to burn them down which lead to this issue shown on the screenshot below.
So some questions that came up: Is there anything we can do to prevent this from happening? Are we causing any of these problems (e.g. the last one)? If not: Is there any known timeframe when this could be fixed? Cause MP doesnt seem to be an option with this for my friend.
Thanks for help and your patience

20220113005919_1.jpg

I can confirm zombie spawning/despawning seems very borked. Using dedi server, all vanilla with default settings and 8 gigs of memory. Several weird spawning issues:

zombies despawn when out of sight for a few seconds (frustratingly, both times this happened, it was with zombies that had hiking bags)
zombies seemingly spawn when they shouldn't, i checked out the window saw three zombies next to a truck... went outside, still only saw three... got in a fight with a surprise zombie outside the door, turned back to the truck, and there were 10 zombies in the parking lot (the fight only lasted about 4 seconds, so i know they didn't all migrate)

for the moment i'm probably just disabling zombie respawns because it's making the game nearly unplayable.

also, i haven't tested/confirmed, but it seems like car horns are causing massive zombie spawns as well.

also can't figure out how to spawn on friend location (though that might be a me-issue)
and factions don't work?

On 1/13/2022 at 9:53 AM, Beard said:

Does the server have enough RAM assigned to it? I would recommend at least 4GB, perhaps more with Hydrocraft.

Yes. Using almost max amount of GB. Made a video of it. I hope it helps a bit.

A thing that I noticed: It looks like my friend (in the video) is actually causing these troubles. I tested the same spot with another friend and everything worked (almost) completely fine! We are clueless what causes these issues tho since our connection is completely fine and stable all the time. Got any idea?
Thanks for your help!