I have doubts about LUA. Is it possible to do that?

Papa_Chad

Hello guys, I'm trying to learn LUA on my own, it's very difficult since I don't know anything about programming.

I'm trying to build a mod that would allow me to make vehicles with Tracks, like a DT-30.

My plane is making tracks move through textures, is it possible to do with LUA? Can i make a LUA code that change texture of a vehicle fast enouth to give the impression of movement? 
I noticed that lights and sirens of vanilla vehicles works more or less with this mechanism.
I wanted to somehow make a Script that read the vehicle's speed and thus change the frequency with which the Textures (tracks) were displayed

You who understand how to mod in Lua, is this possible to be done in the game? It seems plausible to me, but like I said I don't understand enough.
Please, I don't want you to make a mod for me (if you did I would be very happy to) I just wanted a sign that this is possible, because then I would study harder to do it. Is it possible to do that ?

Sorry if my text was meaningless, I'm using a translator and as I said I don't know much about the programming language.