Inventory Tweak

ShadowDimentio

In my several runs in Project Zomboid, I keep hitting upon similar problems with the rediculous inventory juggling that has to be done. The first thing that needs to be changed is to make it so context-sensitive uses for items, opening a can of beans for example, should be selectable from any inventory, such as if they're in your backpack, or totebag, and not just in your stupid box.

It's exceptionally frustrating to have to juggle inventories like this, since, for all intents and purpose, the magical context box is the worst inventory out of all of them, providing zero weight reduction, and being easily the smallest out of all of them basically means that if you have any sense you'll never put anything in it, ever. This also means that heavy items, such as logs, will always encumber you, so if you're in the process of sawing them and a zombie sneaks up on you, you're dead out of luck, bub.

I just would rather not have to worry about getting killed by a cheap shot like that. Thank you.

The inventory system will be overhauled in the future.

It is not the games fault that you did not clear the area before sawing logs. You always need to make sure that the area is clear before doing anything that will over-encumber you.

It is not the games fault that you did not clear the area before sawing logs. You always need to make sure that the area is clear before doing anything that will over-encumber you.

I said it could happen, not that it has happened. I do this thing where I completely clear out the area of undead before I go scavenging, but the metagame still occasionally spawns them in, and my irrational fear of getting sneak-attack critical'd never goes away. But yay for inventory overhaul.

I said it could happen, not that it has happened. I do this thing where I completely clear out the area of undead before I go scavenging, but the metagame still occasionally spawns them in, and my irrational fear of getting sneak-attack critical'd never goes away. But yay for inventory overhaul.

Zombies do not spawn in cleared areas, they probably just followed a meta event.