Question on Pos/Neg trait persistence

Apostolos

There are some traits during char. creation that list additional bonuses or side effects of those traits.  Two off the top of my head are Strong and Obese.  Strong specifically states that it grants additional knockback. My question is if this additional knockback comes directly from the strength stat itself and is not inherent in the trait.  AKA if a high strength grants extra knockback, will a person with the strong trait basically have double the extra knockback or no?   The same for say Obese. It specifically states that being obese makes you more likely to suffer from injury.  Will this aspect of the trait go away if you lose the weight, or is it inherent in the trait itself meaning you are still more prone to injury even if you lose the weight?   

I can see the argument for both as say Obese may grant too much of a bonus for those bonus points if all the negatives can be removed just from diet and exercise in game, but if the injury prone part persisted it would possibly validate (even more so) the points you get as the early game is really the hardest part anyway.  The same for Strong. If just exercising in game can give you all the perks of the trait, then why spend the points?  If however, the trait was an additional inherent bonus to knockback regardless of strength, it may make the point cost a little bit more valid.

I was just curious if anyone knows for sure which was the case currently how they work.

Archived