Tailoring book/exp boost broken?

Khrony

As soon as I loaded into the new update, I ran to an unloaded cell (Wayne county bookstore) and loaded up on the new tailoring books. I was lucky enough to get beginners, read the book and BAM! the book disappeared and no exp boost. Did I miss something in the patch notes?

I do have several location mods installed, Fort Redford, New Denver, Bedford Falls and one or two more. Also Pillow's Many Spawns Project and Fillibuster Rhymes used cars beta.

*edit I should also say this is not a new game, and that I can read the other skill books just fine.

Edited by Khrony
forgot to mention

None of the tailoring books work and they disappear when you are done reading them.   Also when you read a book above your skill level you don't get any "I understand" messages.  This doesn't just happen in old saves but also in new games.  I also have no mods installed.  

It is almost like the game thinks it is just a regular book you read to diminish boredom and unhappiness.

• 1 month later...

Were tailoring books completely fixed?

Actually, what do I do if I was unlucky to read the Tailoring for beginners (which then disappeared due to a bug) and the book still does not work for me?

When patch 41.22 was released with Tailoring books fix I managed to find another Tailoring for beginners but it would not work again.

The book shows in my inventory with 220/220 pages read, but there is no XP boost for Tailoring on the skills panel.

Rereading the book does not yield any effect.

Is there any way to fix it? Is there any way to manipulate a save/script to reset the book progress to 0 and read again? Or am I condemned to a long painful grind without XP boost?