Some Issues in the Build

Dumbo

Preface: I'm not sure where to post this so I'll go ahead and put it here. Please move it if necessary.

I noticed two things that might be worth changing just to improve the character customization menu.

Firstly, some things that have variation in colors do not possess a dedicated panel for color selection, and therefore must be repeatedly re-clicked until the game chooses the one you want. Glasses, hats, and shoes are like this. If you could add a color selection box to the right like the other accessories, I think that would make it easier.

Secondly when you change the color of a vest for example, then switch the kind of shirt you have, the color of the vest that you still have on will randomly change for no reason. This actually applies for all pre-selected colors for any given accessories. e.g if I set all my other clothes to white, then change my socks from long to short everything else also changes.

image.png.b00fdde4883031943e4c3a05e177908b.png

image.png.c6ef73aa86147cf39c072399e4fd7cf6.png

_____

Falls from two-story buildings seem to be very forgiving now. I don't know if this was intended. If so. If it was and now more people are able to attempt doing so, you might want to look into fixing the collision on certain roofs. Many times when there is an outward going roof with a window 1 tile behind (such as on Twiggys) if you jump, you just fall through. This was not unique to the animation build, but for players who may now more readily attempt jumps out of windows, this will become more apparent.

_____

The visibility behind fences seems to be a problem. I don't know if this was brought about by the cutaways, but zombies that should be in my field of vision are hidden behind a black box when the fence is below my screen and therefore can get the jump on me when in reality my character should notice them.

image.png.eac0ba6ec8e76f5d8056e8bcc2c972bc.png

_________

When near garage doors we see the (cutaway?) of three normal doorframes being utilized which looks very odd. I think this applies in some other places too but I'm not sure.

image.png.0a732f3fc71786eeeabbf971fb78ae56.png

Enjoying the build so far and looking forward to Multiplayer. 

The color selection problem in character customization is minor but definitely annoying. Like you said, if you want a different color of glasses or something, you have to click on the panel multiple times to find what you want. I found this also applies to pants. I've had to do that to find the right pair of denim jeans I like to use on my characters. It would be nice to see this somehow fixed in the future, as well as adding a color selection option for glasses and hats.

Archived