More creepy horror elements

Snorrsenkel

On 3/31/2016 at 7:41 PM, Snorrsenkel said:

The other day i thought about people (like friends of mine) talking about Zomboids gameplay like "boring" in the long term.
Maybe this is not about a lack in content, more like immersion and atmosphere.

Why not adding the world of zomboid more creepy and misterious elements in the singleplayer late game?
So players have more motivation for long sessions. And its also possible to simulate levels of insanity from isolation/poison/drugs

NEW EROSION FEATURES:

• spawning of creepy graffitis and drawings in the town areas
  • rare spawning of items and corpses near the players range for wtf-moments (eg: Foreign Trap found. This trap wasnt here before, is there a NPC? Do i have to hide? Also: Spawning of poisened food = Who is trying to kill me?)

SOUNDS

• random sounds without definable source
  • indoor-jumpscares!

NPC

• The Lategame-Stalker. This is going for some good creeps. After day-X, why not adding a insane person to the lategame that is hiding, following and watching the player?

RADIO

• strange radio-broadcasts from mentally weak people, like "i am going to find you (the players name)"... "i saw xyz-creatures near ABC"

Nasty stuff like that is missing in the lategame to bring players out of their comfort-zone. Is this going too far, or a good boredom-killer?

Rather have Stalker from S.T.A.L.K.E.R.