Food/Water consumption

valhalla_bound

I've never starved to death in zomboid. This should change. Having a system that would calculate your caloric/water need accuately (the more effort, the hotter/colder it is etc) would be fantastic. For instance, running around in summer kentucky heat, a 200 lbs man would need at 1 gallon of water a day. Currently a water bottle lasts what? 2-3 days? This is an effective way to up difficulty with out messing with zombie mechanics.

From what I read, the food/water system will have some tweaks. Right now, yes, it's very easy to just gather food for a whole year. And also, don't forget that once NPC's are in, you won't just be saving food for one but also for the rest of your group.. Food will be consumed much much faster when it's not just one person eating it but 4, 5 or even 10 (just imagine if it's a group of 20 or more NPCs  :shock: ).

We just need to be patient. All systems will be tweaked and balanced as development progresses.

Well that depends partially on how competent your NPC's are. I play with a faction of nearly 20 people and if we did absolutely nothing but eat a little when we got hungry we probably have enough food to last 6 in game months easy. Granted, we have hydrocraft on so that increases the base amount of food alot. But if you have NPC's who are farming/scavenging IE pulling their weight, I don't see the big extra mouths as a problem.