Check weapon attachment

Urby

My mind is tearing itself apart I know it can be done but could some one throw me a bone and point out the statement I need to check for a specific mod on the players primary hand weapon.

By mod I mean attachment (Slings, chokes and the like.)

When in doubt, download JD (or any Java class decompiler) and check the code for functions you can call.

In this particular case, zombie/inventory/types/HandWeapon.class would come in handy. If it declares a function there, you can use it.

So let's say you wanted to check for a scope on the player's currently equipped item. You could use something like...

if getPlayer():getPrimaryHandItem():getScope() then
        print("Successfully retrieved "..getPlayer():getPrimaryHandItem():getScope():getName())
end

It's like a chain, if getPlayer() returns true then it goes on to call getPrimaryHandItem(), and if that returns true then it calls getScope, etc etc.

Usually, if you want to be able to use a classes functions, you have to get it first. Usually you just plonk get before the class name, so say you're trying to access a VirtualZombieManager function, so you use getVirtualZombieManager():getBlahBlah().

But let's say that you wanted to check for, say, an 8x scope only. You could use something like...

if getPlayer():getPrimaryHandItem():getScope():getName() == "x8 Scope" then
        print("Successfully retrieved "..getPlayer():getPrimaryHandItem():getScope():getName())

end

getName() obtains the name of the item in a string. AFAIK, it is case sensitive.

Or, if you want it to print only when there's a scope and a stock of some sort, then you could do...

if getPlayer():getPrimaryHandItem():getScope() and getPlayer():getPrimaryHandItem():getStock() then
        print("Successfully retrieved "..getPlayer():getPrimaryHandItem():getScope():getName().." And "..getPlayer():getPrimaryHandItem():getStock():getName())

end

And, if you wanted to make that even shorter and easier, you could just save the first part of the chain (as in, getPlayer():getPrimaryHandItem()) into a function.

So, for example...

local weapon = getPlayer():getPrimaryHandItem()

Because it's not technically a function, there's no need to use brackets or anything, just call it like so...

local weapon = getPlayer():getPrimaryHandItem()

if weapon:getScope() and weapon:getStock() then
        print("Successfully retrieved "..weapon:getScope():getName().." And "..weapon:getStock():getName())

end

And so on.

If there's anything I left unclear, feel free to ask.