Night, multiplayer, sleeping, and nightlengthmodifier

Rok

I just tried "nightlengthmodifier=0.1", "nightlengthmodifier=0.0", and "nightlengthmodifier=10" in servertest.ini after closing down the server, then restarted it, logged with a player, and there was nothing different at all about how slow the night passes on the server.

Is the nightlengthmodifier setting bugged or do I have to delete everything and start a new server for it to work or what?

And as a side note, it seems that a solution or change for night in multiplayer has been discussed and/or requested several times already. From my perspective, it is an already existing feature in the single-player part of the game to simply avoid doing anything during the night by sleeping through it, so it seems natural to me that the same feature should be enjoyed (by those who want it) cooperatively with other players, at least on small, private servers for a family or group of friends.

Not everyone would join other players to grief or compete in a game like this; I already play cooperatively with one family member, and we will never disagree on when to sleep or skip the night; we are happy doing it at the same time. It can be implemented by the server simply waiting for all existing players (whether 2 or 6) to initiate sleep, and that's when the server fast forwards, for example. I would really love to be able to enjoy the game cooperatively while realistically skipping activity during the night, especially because visibility can sometimes be reduced to zero with enough panic plus being indoors, leading to some pretty frustrating deaths or bites that bring inevitable death.

To summarize, I do hope that at least functional options are given to players regarding night in multiplayer; and I would like to understand why the nightlengthmodifier=0.1 or nightlengthmodifier=0.0 are not working.