Guy's Mod

Guy

Hey guys, this is a mod I'm making mostly just to learn some things about lua and get some modding experience.  I have all sorts of overly ambitious ideas for things to add to it, and some of them will go in as I find the time and inclination.

You can download Guy's Mod here.

Current Features:

• Lockpicking: I'm a hobby picker and have always wanted a realistic(ish) treatment of lockpicking in a video game.
  • Drying of Wet Bath Towels/Dish Cloths: Honestly the reason I started writing the mod in the first place :P
  • New smokes: I'm an addict IRL, don't judge me!

New Items:

• Pack of Cigarettes: To hold all your cigarettes.
  • Carton of Cigarettes: To hold all your packs of cigarettes.

• Lockpicks: In order of effectiveness - Improvised, Ball Rake, Hook, Diamond Rake, S Rake, L Rake.

• Tension Wrenches: Regular and Improvised.

• Lockpick Sets: Collect one of each lockpick plus a tension wrench and any wallet to make a set.

To pick a lock, simply have a tension wrench and at least one lockpick in your inventory and right click on the door.  Can't find the tools?  Get some paperclips and improvise!  Just be careful, lousy tools can result in a broken lock.

For the future, I would love to add a lockpicking skill if it turns out to be possible.  For the meantime, I may work on incorporating it into the "Nimble" skill.  I would also like to add a few random odds and ends like a wheelbarrow and some kind of buildable drying rack.  I am also open to suggestions and feedback, so if there's something you'd like to see or something you hate, please let me know!  Additionally, if you find any bugs or have any issues, I'd love to hear about them as my ability to test on different systems is limited.

MODS_02.png

Feel free to use any or all of this mod (including the textures) for any purpose, I certainly didn't get to this point without cracking open one or two.  On that note...

Special Thanks:

• RoboMat and Robert Johnson for their frankly amazing tutorials.
  • TommySticks for teaching me a thing or two about item spawning.  Check out his TommyGuns Extra Weapons Mod!