Game Won't Launch - Mac

Brannty

Question

Game doesn't seem to want to launch. I've given Steam "access" already as the in app pop-up suggests, but still no dice. Sometimes the PZ application icon will appear in my dock as though its running, but reads that the "application is not responding". When this happens, Steam will tell me its running if I attempt to launch again, and I can't force quit the application. The only way to remove it is by doing a hard reset. I'm running it on a Mac, all up to date on the OS. Any suggestions?

Ah thanks man, all's well that ends well! Worth nothing though that if i open through Steam then i get a black screen after the 'warning' page. The main menu image flashed for a second opening in compatibility mode, but then black screen. So the only way is opening from the main directory, which is the only way scroll wheel zoom works for me anyway :) 

Was there some kind of sly Steam update that caused this then?

COSMO that bug may be being caused by the Steam overlay. Were you one of the people who already tried disabling it? It's odd that you're the only one (I know of) having this problem. Also, did you try nixing that Zomboid folder I mentioned? Will delete your saves, but may fix this problem.

@Rathlord

Thanks very much, adding /JAVAROOT solved it for me.

Thank you for being promptly available for help, Zomboid may yet be the game with better support in the world.

Still I thought I could play it in normal mode, as it started loading but then simply hanged.

I know you guys are doing some major overhaul in the graphics system and I am sure it will pay off.

Please consider the smater way to make Zomboid more efficient, as it is best to plan and build a strong foundation first than to later waste time fixing it.

Cheers

Actually,...

You've just issued a new update right? New version is not launching, trying to open info.plist with properties editor complains about line 64

Close tag on line 64 does not match open tag array

edit:

There is a extra

<array>			<string>$JAVAROOT/</string>

misplaced in there, just a typo ;)

Another upload problem I'm afraid, sorry guys!

In your info.plist, this appears:

<key>ClassPath</key>
<array>
<string>$JAVAROOT/lwjgl.jar</string>
<array>

That entire line with the string needs to be removed. Make sure you take out that one, not the identical line below. Should have another upload coming ASAP.