Error on startup, Mac 10.6.8, help!

mud

Question

Hey guys, I'm having problems starting up the game on my macbook 10.6.8. I have a macbook pro I've been using to play the game on, which works fine. Now I'm planning on using the pro to host a server for a friend and I, and using a slightly older macbook to run the game client. I've tried pretty much everything... All builds, deleting the zomboid folder in /user/, reinstalling, everything! Upon opening the game thru steam, nothing happens.. No icon bobbing around on the dock, no window partially opening, only my steam window will flicker a bit. On the other hand, when I open the client thru the JavaAppLauncher, I get the following error...

Mon Apr  7 09:15:54 users-computer JavaAppLauncher[587] <Error>: kCGErrorInvalidConnection: CGSGetCurrentCursorLocation: Invalid connection
Mon Apr  7 09:15:54 users-computer JavaAppLauncher[587] <Error>: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.
logout

If ANYONE has had this problem, or knows of a possible solution, please let me know! Thanks so much in advance!

Rathlord if you see this please help a dude out! Lol, thanks for the mac help throughout the forums man a lot of it helped with getting the game to function on my pro!

7 answers to this question

This is a really weird error. Can you make sure you have read, write, and run perms for the ProjectZomboid.app and that you haven't set GateKeeper to block it? I've never seen anything like this.

This might make me seem dumb, but I'm not even sure how to go about checking the read, write and run perms man? :/

I'm no a very experienced mac user.

And as far as gatekeeper goes, I don't have it on this 10.6.8, just on the pro.

thanks for the response and the help man, I appreciate this so much! I'm totally in love with this game, and really hoping to be able to run it on this computer

alright, so I checked the read, write, execute permissions, and it looks like I have it set to....

admin             Read & Write

User (Me)        Read & Write

everyone         Read & Write

None of the "privilege" drop down tabs have the option "execute", just Read & write, and Read only

Could you do me a favor and post the whole Terminal output and put it in between spoiler tags?

[spoil] terminal stuff [/spoil]

sure thing man, here it is

Spoiler
Last login: Tue Apr  8 09:26:27 on ttys000

/Users/user/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/ProjectZomboid/Project\ Zomboid.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaAppLauncher ; exit;

users-computer:~ user$ /Users/user/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/ProjectZomboid/Project\ Zomboid.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaAppLauncher ; exit;

Tue Apr  8 09:59:39 users-computer JavaAppLauncher[946] <Error>: kCGErrorInvalidConnection: CGSGetCurrentCursorLocation: Invalid connection

Tue Apr  8 09:59:39 users-computer JavaAppLauncher[946] <Error>: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.

logout

[Process completed]   

Archived