New Mod Released: Propane Generators!

TheDecentTech

Have you ever wondered, as I have, why the only generators in Project Zomboid are gas-powered? Maybe you're really sold by Hank Hill's pitches and sure that you're missing something, maybe you're just sitting on a stockpile of tanks and don't know what to do with them. Whatever the case, the yearning in your soul has been answered, because I've just published version 1.0 of my mod -- Propane Generators!

With this mod, you can find both propane and dual-fuel generators (which can switch between gas or propane usage) in the world, and get power out of your propane tanks. Generators which use propane can be filled with propane tanks, and dual-fuel generators can be freely switched with a timed action.

Positive ratings are encouraged, enjoyed, and very helpful for Workshop mods, so please rate Propane Generators highly if it adds something valuable to your Project Zomboid experience! If you have feedback of any kind, positive or negative, please feel free to leave a comment here, find me on Twitter, or create an issue on GitHub.

propane-generators-cover-cropped.png

• 2 weeks later...

Propane Generators Version 2.0 is released, featuring recognizable generators!

Now Dual-Fuel and Propane Generator custom items, sprites, and icons exist, and provide the bridge between generators on the ground and generators elsewhere. Store them as you would others, carry them around, and all the modded settings will be preserved :)

Additionally, this means the item versions of the modded generators are accessible to the admin item list.

Happy Generating!