Centipedes are not so bad, really

odizzido

There are a few things about cooking that I find strange in this game.....

1) Eating delicious plain lentils gives you -20 happiness, the same as eating a centipede.

2) Making a large batch of food somehow makes the food worse. Having a small bowl of mushroom pasta makes you happy, but doubling the recipe to get a couple meals makes the exact same food bad.

3) Eating delicious plain beans gives you -20 happiness, the same as eating a centipede.

1) Go eat a handful of plain lentils dry or boiled.  It's DISGUSTING

2a) Go to a restaurant. Presentation is a thing. 

2b) Not everyone wants to eat a massive portion to the point of  being way beyond full.  I'd ENJOY being served a normal size portion MORE and then going back for seconds if I want them.

3) Can't argue as much with this one, I'm just personally not a huge bean fan.  should be -5 or -10 just because its "plain"

Solution: a trait that removes most happiness penalties from food. Some people don't care what they eat as long as they eat.

Can have the opposite, picky eater, even more penalties to happiness (thinking about the chef character in Don't Starve lol).

Some more ideas: hunger should make you unhappy. IRL if you are hungry, you are very unhappy, can't focus as well on common tasks, just feel a hole in your stomach. But also, hunger goes mostly away if you ignore it for too long (after like one or 2 days), so maybe the game could reflect that. And when you are really hungry, you can eat almost anything and you'll be content, so maybe happiness penalties should also take into account just how hungry your character is.

Imagine an actually realistic and complete hunger/nutrition system! Where hunger and energy stored in your character's body are not necessarily the same. With different metabolisms, etc...

Archived