Machine tools

Badgzerz

I saw the recent thursdoid showing a drill press, bandsaw, and arc furnace and Im pretty happy about it. I think there ought to be more tools long term, tools that would be common in 1993. 

Non-placeable tools (Most of these would be stored in a crafting machine tile to unlock recipes and boost XP gain from crafting)):

Rifling buttons (force this through a barrel blank to cut rifling grooves)

Tap & Die set

Cylinder hone set (can use with drill to hone a cylinder in an engine) 

Drill Index

Annular Cutter set (these are just industrial hole saws made to drill very large holes in metal) 

Carbide bur set

Die grinder

Air compressor

Angle grinder

File

Drill

Metrology tools (Just a bulk set of measuring tools like dials, calipers & micrometers made into one item, the more of these stored in a tile, the more recipes, quality, speed, and XP gain from work)

Electromagnetic Drill Press (Portable drill press) 

Machine parts & fixtures (General item stored in lathe and mill to unlock more recipes, also used as a crafting item to build/repair machines. This one item represents lead screws, spindles, rotary tables, indexing heads, vises, clamping sets, etc. These are stored in machines and used to repair them, unlock more recipes and boost XP gain from crafting)

Machine-tool tiles: 

Lathe

Column & Knee Mill

ID/OD grinder (grinds crankshafts, camshafts, splines, bearings)

Workbench (store items inside to unlock more recipes, eventually has vise and bench grinder, can also store measuring and cutting tools inside) 

Engine hoist (wheeled hydraulic lifts)

Toaster oven (Hobbyists use these to temper steel to make it less brittle after hardening) 

These machines and tools could do every player conceivable crafting task related to metal working for the rest of the life of the game and modding community. Gun making, car part making, engine rebuilding, machine building (wood gas and steam engines to make power from burning wood, charcoal, or mined coal), creating reloading tools to make ammunition, repairing existing tools, making nuts & bolts, making high quality melee weapons superior to anything looted, maintaining mechanized farming equipment, etc.

There could be coal mine locations, job shops, mass production CNC shops, machine shop barns on farms, automotive machine shops and boat repair shops as well, these would be gold mines for all these items, crafting materials, and player base locations. 1993 is in the age of CNC so there would be CNC machines although I think those are too much for zomboid but they could be great tiles to dismantle for XP and high end materials.