Questions about Dedicated Server performance.

Diego Sarzi

image.thumb.png.0611b55049d3f01a71239b41ae8de87f.png

Hello everyone, everything good?
First congratulations on the project! I recently discovered it and I'm loving it.

I'm opening a linux dedicated server for pz, and I have some questions, let's see if you can help me.

There are some long-term performance tips, I created scripts to restart the server + machine 4 times a day, but as time goes by, my memory is overloading.

My notebook for testing is a Thinkpad X201.
An old notebook, but on a small server is breaking the branch.

- Processor: i5 M 520 2.40GHz (2 cores - 4 threads)
- Memory: 4GB DDR3 - I already bought 8GB is about to arrive.
- SSD: 120GB
- Debian 11 (Server mode)

I know it's not a very strong machine, so I'm looking for ways to optimize the server.
Creating cleanup and reboot scripts.

Do you have any tips for these occasions?

Thanks in advance!

My server is: VINIL CLASSICO ( PT-BR )
host: gnewlinux.ddns.net

Edited by Diego Sarzi

If you are running the server from you home computer rather than a 3rd party platform you will haft to keep track of how much ram the server need to operate and the amount of memory the map has.

I would make shore that server backups only happen when you want them too. I think it automatically will on an update or server restart. 

if you are trying to play the server on the same machine you are using to run the server than you will need to have enough ram and memory to operate the game twice. 

Every script, item, object added to server or map will increase memory. So player dropping clothes on the floor will add memory, every item created adds. So you will need to have trash cans delete items on and have a script or setting to remove items on the floor. 

as far as scripts the smaller the script and how well it’s been looped and source coded will determine ram needed and memory usage. 

Edited by Digital Rp