A lighter version for low resource devices

Jacket113

Hi, I live in Latin America. and some years ago I played project zomboid, when it was in its build 32 or 34 if I'm not mistaken, then for personal reasons I couldn't play it anymore for a while.

but a month ago I saw the game on youtube again, and I was surprised how much it changed in these years. when I bought the game again when trying to open it it did not work and then a friend told me that my device did not meet the requirements

after reviewing forums and downloading past builds i found that the game runs fine on low spec devices up to build 32. it even runs fine up to build 38.30 with some almost minimal performance drops, that's why i thought of it perhaps a less demanding version can be created that can be played on those old computers, perhaps under a system that allows you to activate and deactivate the mechanics or more demanding things, and I know that nobody cares about that since they live in countries where a PC of low resources it has 8gb of ram but in my region having that type of machines is very difficult and I would like to be able to enjoy the game of my childhood again.

I apologize if my English is not very good, I had to complement myself with the google translator. the specifications of my pc -Intel(R) Atom(TM) processor CPu N455 @1.66GHz 1.67GHz -Ram 2gb -Graphics Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 of 256mb.

I would really like to be able to enjoy this game again, if this is not possible I would like to know as well. Thanks for your attention :)

19 minutes ago, Jacket113 said:

Hi, I live in Latin America. and some years ago I played project zomboid, when it was in its build 32 or 34 if I'm not mistaken, then for personal reasons I couldn't play it anymore for a while.

but a month ago I saw the game on youtube again, and I was surprised how much it changed in these years. when I bought the game again when trying to open it it did not work and then a friend told me that my device did not meet the requirements

after reviewing forums and downloading past builds i found that the game runs fine on low spec devices up to build 32. it even runs fine up to build 38.30 with some almost minimal performance drops, that's why i thought of it perhaps a less demanding version can be created that can be played on those old computers, perhaps under a system that allows you to activate and deactivate the mechanics or more demanding things, and I know that nobody cares about that since they live in countries where a PC of low resources it has 8gb of ram but in my region having that type of machines is very difficult and I would like to be able to enjoy the game of my childhood again.

I apologize if my English is not very good, I had to complement myself with the google translator. the specifications of my pc -Intel(R) Atom(TM) processor CPu N455 @1.66GHz 1.67GHz -Ram 2gb -Graphics Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 of 256mb.

I would really like to be able to enjoy this game again, if this is not possible I would like to know as well. Thanks for your attention :)

Assuming you're on Steam: If you right click 'Project Zomboid' in your library, click 'properties', click 'betas' and select the dropdown menu we have older versions available to download for people who don't meet the current requirements. Build 38 up to 40 should run for you.