[41.65] [Multiplayer] Lost all items in certain crafted containers that were in game generated buildings on server boot

tzaeru

So yeah. Every item that was indoors inside specific crafted containers (at least Metal Crate and Wooden Crate) was lost on server restart. Random junk respawned in to replace the items previously within.

Quite a lot of effort went into stockpiling these crates with canned foods, car repair supplies, construction supplies etc.

Stuff in crafted bookcases was not lost and stuff in these type of containers when the containers were outdoors was not lost.

We did not modify loot settings and we don't run mods. This was on a dedicated server.

lost.png

Edited by tzaeru

To be more specific, no player-built container, or a pre-existing but moved container, seems to be affected as long as the container was outside a house that exists in the base map, i.e. in 100% player-built structures and outdoors.

Rip 15 cans of gasoline, 50 metal pipes and bars, and all that which we had prepared for an upcoming raid to louisville, rip also interest to keep playing :I

Edited by TKo

Possible cause:

Someone in PZ Discord suggested that this may have happened if the server was closed with Ctrl-C instead of `quit`. Ctrl-C is indeed the way I've been shutting the server.

If this is indeed it, PZ really should react to SIGINT gracefully. Closing software via Ctrl-C is standard.