Missing some sounds in gameplay b41.53

TheM3ss

I've encountered a weird "bug"  where some sounds dont work, to be more specific the gun shot noises and almost everything related to combat has no sound... i can still hear the zombies dying but gunfire makes no sound, melee weapon hits makes no sound, opening and closing doors makes no sound. I have and older save where all the sounds are present in gameplay but whenever i start a new save no sounds from combat and other stuff, but every other sound from the game is present.

I've removed all mods, same result.

I've deleted my zomboid folder in users on windows, same result.

I've uninstalled the game and downloaded it again from steam, same result.

Uninstalled sound drivers and  installed them again.

Apart from reinstalling windows i ( which for me makes no sense since in the older save everything is fine ) i've tried everything i could think off...

Browsed the foruns and i havent found anyone with the same issue neither a possible solution for it. Any other info i can provide just let me know what it is and ill post it gladly.

Thank you for reading my post.

Solved it...  changed from my soundcard to my onboard soundcard with the game running, exited the game... changed it back to my soundcard, deleted the file sounds.ini opened the game again and everything works fine now ... its probably something that has nothing to do with the game but with the audio engine from windows itself...