Tvardovsky Petrokolov: A Log To Those After

Deathscreton

Prologue

My name is Tvardovsky Petrokolov. I am a Russian carpenter who came here searching for the American dream, away from the horrors of the Motherland, but instead.... I find things so m- (the text is scattered and smeared with what looks like red jam) and so I'm destined to be stuck in a world where nightmares roam and I'm alone. And so, to help keep my sanity, I've decided to keep a journal. Hopefully this will be of some help to anyone who may find it, maybe they can avoid any mistakes I might have made. And who knows? Maybe they'll find me and return me to my homeland, or at least give me a proper burial. 

Day 1

After staying with my Uncle who moved here a few years back, I finally got a job down at a local burger joint. We stayed down at his small trailer home near the suburbs. I had just gotten back from (illegible scribbles) and finally had my shirt off for a bit of a rest when I heard the sirens. When I checked outside, there was no one there. With it being nearly 5 in the afternoon, It seemed a bit odd. I decided to take a look around, the neighbors always seemed proper, so it only seemed decent they decide to share what's going on. Taking a step outside was eerily quite. No birds, no horns, nothing but a low distant rumbling. "Quite the sound. Don't think I've ever heard it before. Interesting..." I quickly stepped across the lawn and up to their front door. The two story house loomed over like a generous pile of bricks. I was never one for grand structures made of bricks. Wood always seemed more reliable. After a few minutes of waiting with no answer, I tried the back door with the same result. Peering through the window offered disturbing news. My jaw drop- (the paper scrawled, torn in certain places)

Day 2

Soon

• 3 weeks later...

Addendum

It's been four days. I've taken up shelter at the John's residence. I've managed to put up curtains and scour some food. One of the bastards bit me, but it didn't break too much skin. I even found a 9 mil. I never thought I'd be thanking Mother Russia for forcing me into it's ranks..

I'm not going to pretend I don't know what's going on here. We all thought it was just a joke. Something people played off of for profits in movies and video games. But it's here, and it's happening. And I'm stuck right in the middle. I haven't seen anyone since this whole ordeal started. I've heard plenty of gunfire and hele's, but none respond to my voice or my flailing. I think I might be going crazy...

I started destroying the doors upstairs for wood and hinges. One of the bastards broke through the downstairs window. I trapped him in the bathroom before bashing his head in though. I need to seal that room... It's getting dark out. I should probably get some sleep...

Archived