Soft Wipes Fix/Workaround

Spaz

I found a work around guys. I can make soft wipes work for the whole map its kind of a pain but it works!

1. Start a soft wipe.

2. Take note of where it stops.(Soft clearing chunk: map_1095_944.bin)

3. Go to C/users/"your pc name"/Zomboid/Multiplayer/servertest and cut (not copy) all files leading up to where the soft wipe stopped.

4. Paste those files in a new folder.

5. Restart softwipe and with the last soft wiped files gone from the servertest folder it will pickup where it left off.

6. Repeat 1-4 untill you have the new folder containing the rebuilt serverfiles in its folder. Now copy paste those files back to the original servertest folder and you have your full soft wipe.

I cant belive it was this simple. lmao have put hours into figuring this shit out.

With this method you dont really need to change your ram value on the soft wipe bat either.

i have tried this, its working so far but all zombies are gone.... ill try to start a new server and copy the zombie files from them, but i doubt this will work.... anyone still has fresh zombie files to upload them?

doors and windows dont get reset also...

do you have zombies after it???!?!?!!

and very uncomfortable xD

nothing i tried worked... u mentioned nothing about missing zombies....

thats no working fix/workaround... its still failing!

Yep tried this, unfortunatly, i now dont have any zombies in my world, even tried deleting my player folder, then soft wiping again, then joining the server. Still no zombies.

Got around this by starting a new server(renaming the old server folder to save files) then going to where we had built our base, logged out. Went to the newly created servertest folder deleted all the map files in there, then started the server back up & rejoined it, when you spawn in you will be where you left off, walk around wherever you built stuff, then logout again. Turn the server off again. Look in the server folder, since you only walked around your base area it should only have the map files for that area in it. Write down the first and last map file names, then go into your old/first server folder and copy/paste the corresponding files from there into the new one. Next time you start up the server and log back in you will have all the stuff you built AND zombies.

Note though characters will lose all their skills/inventory. Not sure how to get around this.

Archived