All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. darcek

Unequping body

Is there a way to select where to drop bodies? When I go to a spot I want to burn corpses and unequipped the body, most of them fall away from the spot instead of directly where I’m standing...
  3. Okamikurainya

Changes to Zombie Bump Damage

My idea for this was: I still don't think that a single zombie should be able to do much of any damage to any structure, but the sound of it trying to get in would lure others which would lead to an actual risk. Also, on this note, zombies still, even after all these years, prefer constructions to juicy player meat. I can lead a zombie to a wall and it will totally ignore me until I physically assault it. Living things, whether they be PC, NPC or animal, should always be a higher priority to a zombie than a structure. This desperately needs to change.
  4. Beard

Graphical Bugs in PZ

Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 are right at the bottom of minimal recommended graphics and can definitely cause these issues that are happening. The one thing I can recommend in hopes of fixing this is making sure that your Graphics driver is up to date, you can download it from the Intel support website. Also, lower all your other settings in the options, turn of Post Process for example, turn on / off offscreen UI rendering and such. Set 3D models to player only, or even None.
  5. Lorfus

Graphical Bugs in PZ

I can play Project Zomboid with good frames for a little bit before the game starts to lag and freeze and stutter, accompanied with textures flashing in and out of existence, and... What you see in the picture. My specs: GPU - Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz OS - Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Ram - (Included in Picture) Any idea how I can stop these bugs from happening?
  6. Burger_Time

game lacks common sense realism

The worse quality of the battery is, the less charge it can hold. Absolutely broken battery can't hold any charge.
  7. Okamikurainya

Knox County Revival

Thanks! Still failing with them though. On the other hand, I'm considering expanding into RingoD's map pack at a later date... That's a big MAYBE though... But until then, have some Moo Town:
  8. Octopus

Alternate Power Systems

This is great! This game needs alternate sources of power. It would also be great if we could jury-rig our cars and generators to run on ethanol. And if we could set up a still to brew our own alcohol as fuel.
  9. Yesterday
  10. ZombieHunter

Alternate Power Systems

It would be nice if we could make Alternate Power Systems when you have enough Carpentry and Engineering. Wind Solar Biofuel Methane Most of the stuff can be made at home as shown by this guy, https://www.instructables.com/id/How-I-built-an-electricity-producing-wind-turbine/ So you aren't going to need some sort of fab factory to even do basic construction. Though his setup involves mixing Solar and Wind to charge up large Battery pack ( Which is Similar to Teslas Uninterupted Powersupply Idea )
  11. ZombieHunter

game lacks common sense realism

I think the point is Dead batteries can't actually hold a charge, which is why it called a "Dead battery"
  12. ZombieHunter

Changes to Zombie Bump Damage

I feel bump damage ( the damage done by zombies as they knock against something with their bodies ) should change based on the state they are in. Wandering State Only damage to unbarricaded windows Agro State ( Triggered by a specific action ) Damages Unbarricaded wooden doors and Barricaded Windows Horde State ( More than one zombie hitting door ) Damages Barricaded Doors \ Metal Doors \ Barricaded Windows This could be done by having each state apply a specific damage type instead of having to worry about complex math. This would make it so bases are not just destroyed by random zombies bumping into things because a player made the structure.
  13. Ciber Ninja

Knox County Revival

I believe in you.
  14. Okamikurainya

Knox County Revival

Anyone able to help me with a x2 version of these tiles? It's a foot rest that goes along with the green sofa set that, for one reason or another, never made it to the latest version. I tried and failed one too many times to do it on my own. Many thanks for any help!
  15. Okamikurainya

Making a Map, ideas/suggestions needed

Something that's interested me is maybe small PvP maps, maybe even remaking maps like Overgrown from Call of Duty 4 for players to battle it out in. With new guns on their way, this could expand the playability of such a map, maybe even a kill count mod that tallies up your player and zombie kills for a final score.
  16. Last week
  17. intrinsic

Linux, keyboard keys not working

Hey everyone, i'am curious if anyone encountered the same issue. I've got en/ru key layout on Debian buster/bullseye running gnome and none of q-m keys are working in game. I mean i can still use f1-12 keys, space, 1-0 and all non language-specific keys seem to be working fine. Can't bind/use qwerty.... keys. Running x86_64 game and not using any mods. Tried deleting ~/Zomboid folder and switching to en-only keyboard layout with no luck so far. Compat mode didnt solve it. Also I've got some errors in ~/Zomboid/console.txt: Loading: net.java.games.input.LinuxEnvironmentPlugin Failed to open device (/dev/input/event18): Failed to open device /dev/input/event18 (13) Failed to open device (/dev/input/event17): Failed to open device /dev/input/event17 (13) Failed to open device (/dev/input/event16): Failed to open device /dev/input/event16 (13) Failed to open device (/dev/input/event15): Failed to open device /dev/input/event15 (13) Failed to open device (/dev/input/event14): Failed to open device /dev/input/event14 (13) Failed to open device (/dev/input/event13): Failed to open device /dev/input/event13 (13) Failed to open device (/dev/input/event12): Failed to open device /dev/input/event12 (13) Failed to open device (/dev/input/event11): Failed to open device /dev/input/event11 (13) Failed to open device (/dev/input/event10): Failed to open device /dev/input/event10 (13) Failed to open device (/dev/input/event9): Failed to open device /dev/input/event9 (13) Failed to open device (/dev/input/event8): Failed to open device /dev/input/event8 (13) Failed to open device (/dev/input/event7): Failed to open device /dev/input/event7 (13) Failed to open device (/dev/input/event6): Failed to open device /dev/input/event6 (13) Failed to open device (/dev/input/event5): Failed to open device /dev/input/event5 (13) Failed to open device (/dev/input/event4): Failed to open device /dev/input/event4 (13) Failed to open device (/dev/input/event3): Failed to open device /dev/input/event3 (13) Failed to open device (/dev/input/event2): Failed to open device /dev/input/event2 (13) Failed to open device (/dev/input/event1): Failed to open device /dev/input/event1 (13) Failed to open device (/dev/input/event0): Failed to open device /dev/input/event0 (13) Linux plugin claims to have found 0 controllers Love that game, used to play it on win7 a year ago without any problems. Any help appreciated, thanks.
  18. Hello guys, I am searching for one, two or three players, which want to play together on an "own server" (hosting via my computer). For this own Server you should have the following mods: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1840588229 Own server means, that my Computer is the "Server" when we want to play. The best thing would be if you speak german, also ok is, when you speak good english. Because playing alone is not that good, I am now searching for some new guys which want to play with others together like me. For that I look up for one, two or three guys. If you might be intrested, contact me via DM/PM or here in this topic. I will look up this thread at least one time per day. Have a nice day and thanks for reading
  19. Ayrton Orio

Making a Map, ideas/suggestions needed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McMurdo_Station Antarctica would be quite awesome
  20. grammarsalad

Revision of the Weight System

Yeah, personally, I can't make heads or tails of the weight system. I would think that they should have the basic formula of (calories consumed - calories burned) + weight = current weight or something like that. It would be kinda weird if you just 'lost' a certain number of calories per time period. You should be more likely to lose weight if you are eating light and working hard and more likely to gain weight if you are eating heavy and slothing around watching tv
  21. Okamikurainya

I tend to have the exact opposite issue, despite my character taking in more calories than I do in real life even, my weight just keeps going down and down. Still, everything you say is right and it needs to be retooled. Activity should have an effect, even if you don't take in many calories, if you don't burn them then they should continue to add up with only a fixed amount being subtracted each day for standard metabolic functions.
  22. ZonaryQuasar

Last week I created a new character and started with the Very underweight trait (+10 points), one of the most negative traits there is along with Obese. The thing is... I managed to gain 25+ kgs in 13 days in game without even bothering, and I never ate until full, just until satisfied. It was VERY easy to lose one of the most negative traits, basically free points. This happens because the weight system is (and correct me if I'm wrong) based on one variable: calories count. You gain calories eating, but there's no way to burn them. They will simply decrease over time, but before they can decrease you are already starving and have to eat again, so the calories count goes up again. I know that this can be avoided by eating wild berries and low calories type of food... But even in real life, one person doesn't simply gain +20 kgs in less than two weeks, even if they just eat fast food like McDonalds. Maybe if there's a limit that you can gain/lose in one day? You can only gain or lose Xkg per day. (suggested value for X = 1?). Or even better, make actions such as running and chopping trees burn calories.
  23. Beard

FPS Drops/Stuttering v40.43

Hmm, it would be pretty difficult to identify as to what can cause those micro stutters. Since it only started happening these last few weeks it would usually mean that something outside of the game could slow it down. Maybe a new security program. Maybe a blue light filter program like f.lux. Maybe turning on Steam / Discord overlays and such. I would probably looks first there, if anything changed between those weeks before and now. You could also try changing a few settings in the Options, like turning off Post Process and lowering other settings. There are a few combinations of settings and different people are comfortable with different options there.
  24. There are houses in the gated area of riverside that have missing walls on the second floor. https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.5662169523831097,0.10208065340587286,447.8682305040833 is one such house. The wall missing is a small section just above the front door, just 2-3 tiles worth. Could walk right out and fell down in front of the main entrance.
  25. crossed

Lowdown

Thank god, no more killer saplings, the apocalypse just got 50% less scary
  26. When i play House In The Woods - Last Stand Accumulator i make character that will be lumberjack with 6 strenght and 2 blade accuarcy,but he will be like that for only one game every other game he will have all the traits,he will still be the lumberjack but he will lose strenght,fitness accuarcy for blunt and blade weapons and reloading and aiming for guns. Is it supposed to happen like that or is it a bug?
  27. Object704

FPS Drops/Stuttering v40.43

It's better but there's definitely still some micro stuttering there.
  28. Burger_Time

Effects of Winter on Player/Zombies

Maybe not if the ground is covered in snow, but if a snowdrafts appear? That'd require you to remove snow sometimes so you'd be able to move faster in some area. Also some ice if the temperature was changing constantly for some days (especially in the late fall/early spring) would be nice.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?