Little Red Guitar

You broke the rules
  3. Yesterday
  4. Ornament

Little Red Guitar

Machete will gonna be my new favorite zed slashing weapon
  5. Rako

Upcoming Combat Changes is a bad Idea

I really don't think that it's a big deal - Right now, with a knife, or even an axe - you're able to absolutely destroy hundreds of zeds in a day, like one time I killed like 400 zombies with a carpenter profession, without any skills pumped into the weapons, or such. IRL, if you hit an object in the path/trajectory of your attack - It doesn't phase through the hit target and hit the next one, pushing it back - It stops suddenly hard on the hit thing - Mordhau, an indie medieval melee game, does it pretty well - Blunt weapons stop on a hit target, not hitting the next person, but bladed weapons, like swords and such SLASH the targets, and don't stop on a hit target, they continue on their path hitting the next targets, but for reduced damage. I feel like combat balanced this way would match Project Zomboid's not-SO-realistic-but-believable-and-enjoyable approach much more - Blunt weapons having strong knockback on attack, but machetes and other slashing weapons could do little knockback, but swings would be able to damage a whole group of zombies, with quick slashes they could be good, but range of machetes and knives is very short. Blunt weapons like bats and golf clubs and such could also benefit from greater push distance (you know, spacebar when aiming), and it could push many zombies away in front of you, potentially tripping them - where that mechanic wouldn't be available (or viable) for bladed weapons. BUT - I like not being over powered against a group of zombies, I like how current changes would force me to play more like a prey, not a predator like I played so far - I like being forced to actually feel like there's danger around every corner, and I'd love to have to stealth around a bit more, instead of only on early game. So many times I have dropped my saves because I settled down somewhere and I simply ran bored, because supply runs were almost too easy.
  6. Trojan_Turps

Little Red Guitar

The animations are looking great. I would say that the up swing with the machete looks a bit odd. Simply because you would mostly be hacking down at the head of a zombie. But it might just be a veiw point thing?
  7. eldergamer

Vehicle Battery Proxy

Vehicle Battery Proxy. This is a work around for people early in game who would like to get a certain vehicle with a dead battery started but don’t have the proper class of battery to do so. The truth is almost any car or truck battery can start any other car or truck with the exception of specialty vehicles like 18 wheelers and the like. Though the battery may not have the proper capacity or dimensions for that vehicle it will have the standard 12 volts required and enough amps to get any car or truck started without issue. My suggestion is that you let the player install any battery in any vehicle to get it started. Once running the PZ character can swap out the battery used to start the vehicle for the one intended for that vehicle. As for game balance, you can make it so that any class of battery can start any class of vehicle but only matching class vehicle and battery will charge in that vehicle. That should keep people from exploiting this feature. Eldergamer
  8. josko_91

ORGM Rechambered

Damn! That is sexy! Keep up the good work ^^ Honestly I dont understand why they dont make you part of the team and let you work on Orgm officially and add it to the main game
  9. nasKo

Little Red Guitar

Hi all, fairly dry ‘doid this week as we’re by-and-large fixing things while we wait for new tech to drop in from TEA (animation masking and rotational stuff) but we do have a vid of the latest internal build. GENERAL ANIM WORK Here’s a quick vid of the current build, since a lot of the new stuff we’ve been working has yet to be polished and is still a bit visually glitchy, we instead thought it would be nice to show off a few of the new weapons. Please note this is a far from exhaustive list, there are many more, and also we’ve not yet balanced speeds and anims for all the weapons, so please don’t take anything as final: You may notice we cut the ‘getting eaten by a group of zombies’ mechanic footage short at the end there, due to some unsightly glitches. We’ll hopefully polish it up for a video next week. We also need to work out why characters walking with spear weapons currently look like they have shit themselves. Elsewhere in 41 development this week we: introduced limps/injuries for players who walk over glass and barefoot too much, worked on combat speed, transitions between anims, fixed flickering zombies and many other visual bugs and oddities. ZAC’S TECHNICAL CORNER Last week we dumped a load of technical stuff on you about AnimZed’s new debugging graphs, and Thursdoid readers brains didn’t explode – so that was nice. Essentially it’s an AnimZed tool that turns data that looks like this: Into a nice set of graphs that take in current state, animnode weights and anim track weights that look like this: We’ll give a more technical run-down when AnimZed releases, as you had enough of a data dump last week, but this is already helping us pinpoint the reasons why when certain animation start misbehaving – and will likely help the mod community too come the release. IMPORTANT HOUSEKEEPING It recently came to our attention that there are some multiplayer servers operating online that have pay-to-win elements – which goes against the only big MP rule we have in our Terms and Conditions. We are entirely happy for server owners to have patreons/donations from players to help with the upkeep of running a server, but have a policy that that in-game benefits, items, XP speed-ups etc should be not be paid for and received in this fashion. As written in our t&cs: “beyond server access, we do not approve of monetising any aspect of the game proper”. PZ should, as much as possible, be about players on an equal standing – and this is what new players should be welcomed into. We do not want to see this form of monetization spread further when anims are released in Build 41 and (hopefully) there’s a boost in player and server numbers. As such, at some point before the release of the animation build we will cease allowing advertising such servers in official PZ channels and in the game’s server browser. We are letting people know now to minimise disruption as much as we possibly can. If you know of any servers that operate this system then please, please, please make sure they’re aware – as we don’t want this to come as a surprise to anyone. This week’s Prince-esque abode from RedRusty66. A general list of stuff added to PZ, and vids of features being worked on, is kept here – so you don’t have to plough through endless dev blogs for info. The Centralized Block of Italicised Text would like to direct your attention to the PZ Wiki should you feel like editing or amending something, and the PZ Mailing List that can send blogs like this and patch notes direct to your mailbox. We also live on Twitter right here! Our Discord is open for chat and hijinks too!
  10. EN: Club Lord of the Proboscis Represents: Supplement for mod CLH - RUS Translite (People's Russifier for Project Zomboid). - Spent a lot of time to completely redraw all readable textures. - Thank you so much for the help with the "word play", as well as with the explanation in the text packaging and the provision of a test card - VikiDikiRUS (Steam: Matrioshka). - Thank you for helping with the TruBlueBerry translation. And thanks to the whole PZ community. I will always monitor its performance and timely updates. Download Steam Download GOG RU: Process | Процесс
  11. Shamanu

window mode

Сверни окно так, чтобы оно занимало не весь экран. Оно меняет размер. И повторю, что тебе уже сказали: пиши на английском.
  12. Shamanu

Undead dead Zombies

Pretty known issue. And no, no workaround yet. They'll be dead after restart, tho.
  13. nickodemos

Undead dead Zombies

Happened to me a few times over the years. When it would first happen I would consider it a chance for "free" exp points as you can just beat on them with any weapon and gain exp. Now days I just walk away and they either get deleted after you leave the screen or they start walking again. Can't remember as it has been a bit.
  14. Ayrton Orio

Cap Levi, Normandy, France

i had forgotten the data map, here is a closer look
  15. Yeah, there's a few tutorials on setting those up. I think there might be custom sets around in the Buildings or Resources subforums, but there's so many dead dropbox links stretching back many years. I know the AIZ2 map includes a bunch for the maps it includes, you might be able to use those if you can get permission. https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6312-custom-tilesets-and-fences-for-pz-map-editor/ https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8790-custom-texture-packs-and-tile-definitions/
  16. Last week
  17. Nebula

Hard reset (deleting everything) Problem.

When changing the ServerID, the player can still log in to the server with the old save ... all inventory and experience is saved. it is sad. Transaction validation does not work. Players cheat in large quantities.
  18. Nebula

Stop the server when restarting.

Thanks, but did not help Completely reinstalled the server until everything works. Thank.
  19. @RingoD123 also I see that people make there own walls and such like a custom tile is there a way to do that or did they download them from a page ?
  20. Sweet got it to work all makes sense now thanks for the help brother
  21. Tradus

window mode

Потому что играя в зомбоид постоянно нужно переключаться между, а) дискордом, б) картой, в) вики и еще кучей разных окон текстовых документов и прочим. Если играть в полном экране, то "разворачивание" игры занимает слишком много времени, и разу эдак к 30-40 игра попросту не разварачивается. Поэтому для меня существует лишь один способ игры в ПЗ - играть в окне.
  22. Хибити\Hibiti [BLR]

window mode

1е пиши на енглише хоть каком, чтобы разрабы тебе ответили) и 2е) Ты просишь многое) в чем проблема тебе играть в полноэкранке?)
  23. Tails

Advanced Zedonometry

The limping animations looks interesting I hope to see some zombies with a limping animation as well to show its condition.
  24. As I replied in Discord, you draw your house/room as normal, with an exterior wall already selected, you then select the wall tool and draw over the existing exterior walls you want to change with the new exterior wall you selected. You don't draw empty rooms or anything like that.
  25. Tradus

window mode

Dev when you fix the wrong position of the game in windowed mode? the window always falls below the taskbar. Apart from the fact that the size of the window inventory and take everything goes astray. so also the game window itself is not properly placed on the desktop. A problem occurs if you make a resolution below your screen. In this case, when you start the game, the window will be placed under the Windows taskbar. whenever I want to play PZ I need to drag the window with the mouse. Otherwise, I do not see the bottom of the screen. Привет, каждый раз когда я открываю игру мое окно меняет свою позицию и залезает под панель задач Windows. Я бы хотел чтобы окно запоминало позицию. И мне не нужно было его двигать.
  26. Ayrton Orio

Cap Levi, Normandy, France

Some updates: Thanks to the great Cardenaglo I was able to create more palettes in the rules.txt to create vegetation and tiles from my photoshop file. That led me to improve greatly the fields which was necessary at the very least for orientation as the landscape was getting very monotonous. Now they look good from above and from up close. Some of the cells wil lbe used for houses with gardens (which are scattered all around the map). I think I'm halfway in the job of recreating 50/60% of the actual crops on the map. That will be enough to create a sense of diversity and interest. i have added a crop version of the data map that I use to define which crops is which, but also cemeteris, agricultural industies, social housing, etc. I have also been experimenting with the rules.txt to get objects that are not vegetation but could be used as is to populate the map: graveyards, cityscape, new biomes, etc i was unsure if I could use the rock tiles to do the shoreline but it's turning out ok now I can do through photoshop. you will notice also the moor biome around beahces too. I have pretty much finished the first two main islands (I still need to fix a bug while spawning charcter and object though) And even if it takes ages, the city of Cherbourg is turning from a mess to a clean organized city, i will keep that for another day. As soon as I fix the bug, I will upload the map with character spawns only on the islands to start with, and if it's ok I will expand.
  27. EnigmaGrey

Stop the server when restarting.

As a hunch, try removing map_t.bin in the server's save file. Maybe it's failing due to a discrepancy between the erosion file and the gametime data? This'll likely affect mod connect that saves to gametime and it will reset the current date in-game, however. It's purely a hunch. Erosion will be present because it's saved as part of the chunk files.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?