GHawkins

[Vehicle&37]Desensitized panics by crawler

I've been noticing this over the past couple of weeks (and versions, with and without mods) of playing. At first I thought it might not be a bug, but now decided to report it anyway.

The veteran profession has the desensitized perk, which means the character should be unable to become panicked in situations most characters do become panicked.

I have however noticed that whenever I beat a zombie down that turns into a crawler, even a character with the desensitized perk becomes panicked.  Seeing how groups of upwards of 30 zombies do not result in a veteran becoming panicked, I think it is a bug that a lone crawler can.

The images below are from a modded vehicle branch run. Seeing as it is pretty hard to recreate this bug, since not every zombie will turn into a crawler, I couldn't get any non-modded/non-vehicle images.

F08FBD04D20FAD4004451933B9EEF9AFFB508A6D

960A60C050026D496915C29E8664A40F06EE45CD

Share this comment

I don't think that's a bug. I think that's basically the equivalent of the character getting jump scared.

A little bit of panic in that particular case always made sense to me.

But if it is indeed a bug then I can confirm that it does happen.

Share this comment

I'd understand it if the character would get jump scared. Though if that is the case, then I'd consider it a bug that it does not happen when zombies pop around the corner. The sole incident I have had it happen is with the crawler.

Share this comment