Craftable Weapon Suggestions

migulao

Battle Axe: 2 Axe + 2 Duct Tape 

Has the same durability as the axe, but does 1.5 the damage and can hit more zombies with 1 strike.

Bayonet: 1 Semi-Auto Rifle + 2 Duct Tape + 1 Kitchen Knife

If only 1 zombie is in range, he will be stabbed instead of pushed, the rifle and knife have diferent durabilities, the rifle will wear out when shot, and the knife will wear out when used to stab.

Spear: 1 Broom + 2 Duct Tape + 1 Kitchen Knife

Can only engage 1 zombie at a time, or will be used to push, can attack zombies at double the range.

Bow (Low quality, the best will be found in looting runs): 3 Sturdy Sticks + 2 Duct Tape +2 String / 1 Rope

Silent long ranged weapon.

Arrow: 1 Sturdy Stick + 1 Stone + 1 Screwdriver ( To break the stone, in order to shape it)

Used as ammo for the bow.

Arrow Quiver: 3 Empty Sand Bags / 2 Leather (Animal Skin) + 2 Duct Tape

If equipped on back, it will take half the time to reload a bow with the arrows stored in the Quiver

Homemade Silencer (weaker than ones found on loot): 1 Empty Can (2 needed if making a rifle / shotgun) + 1 Screw Driver (To put the hole in the can)

Used to silence a firearm, can support up to 3 shots (only 2 for rifles, and 1 if used for the shotgun). 

The weapon won't be completely silenced with the homemade one.

Side-note for the silencer, remember that it would take a screw driver to actually install it in the firearm, as demonstrated in the weapon overhaul video

These are just my ideas, and I created the recipe thinking of how it would take in real life to make them, post your ideas below :D

Not the bow.  You cant tape three sticks together and have a bow.  They need to be lovingly carved from the right types of wood, none of which are in the game right now.   Also silencers are slightly more complicated than that.

Like the others though!

Not the bow.  You cant tape three sticks together and have a bow.  They need to be lovingly carved from the right types of wood, none of which are in the game right now.   Also silencers are slightly more complicated than that.

Like the others though!

I don't think you know this, but a ''sturdy stick'' is an already in-game item, that is crafted from sawing planks, and right now, its used to make a tent.

The suppresser would not work at all, in fact using tin cans would amplify the sound, as well as the fact that unless your hole in the can is 100% lined up your bullet may make a new hole on the can

I was trying to think about another recipe suitable for that.

You can't make a bow with a "sturdy stick" you need a flexible stick that can take being pulled and quickly regaining its shape after you let the arrow go, a sturdy stick for an arrow sure

There has to be a balance between realism and gameplay, make an aspect too realistic, and it won't be fun anymore

The suppresser would not work at all, in fact using tin cans would amplify the sound, as well as the fact that unless your hole in the can is 100% lined up your bullet may make a new hole on the can

I think that you could use a pillow to muffle the sound. Not saying that a pillow IS a silencer, but it should reduce the noise significantly. And I've actually heard of potatoes being used in the same fashion in mob hits, but that could very well be myth.

I think that you could use a pillow to muffle the sound. Not saying that a pillow IS a silencer, but it should reduce the noise significantly. And I've actually heard of potatoes being used in the same fashion in mob hits, but that could very well be myth.

But a pillow wouldn't be pratical to bring to the field, and attack from range, unless you want to hit at very close range, to the point where the pillow is touching the zombie in the face, but then you could just use an axe instead of wasting the bullet

But a pillow wouldn't be pratical to bring to the field, and attack from range, unless you want to hit at very close range, to the point where the pillow is touching the zombie in the face, but then you could just use an axe instead of wasting the bullet

That's true.

If this game ever gets welding then you could make all sorts of weapons, but until that happens I'll limit my suggestions to more simple materials that could be crafted from the game now (as far as I know, lol).

1. Barbed wire bats or sticks. I think that a bat wrapped in barbed wire would do more damage than a regular bat, but less damage than a spiked bat. The advantage lies in that a wired bat would have an increased durability since it would hold a bat together (whereas a nail would split a bat over time).

This would only require some barbed wire and something to be wrapped,

2. A sharpened spade/shovel. Find a shovel, sharpen the edge with a rock. Does more damage than a regular shovel, but the edge diminishes over time. Alternatively, maybe heat a shovel over a fire/store and pounding an edge onto the shovel (although that would be a bit farfetched).

A shovel plus a sharpening stone ( or a rock). Maybe the heat source/hammer route.

3. Propane bomb. Take the propane tank, some twine and a lighter. Maybe add nails. Of course, I'm not sure when you'd need to use it. I haven't encountered a massive group of zombies yet (as in 15-20 deep), but maybe in the Mall or as a defensive weapon. Maybe use gasoline instead. This one might be a stretch (and unoriginal).

Saw a police officer muffle a pistol with a pillow once... He shot off his own pinky finger and it was not silent at all, the pain scream made it more noisy if anything.

Ah lovely old SA...

EDIT: Oh and just the tip of the finger, not the whole finger in this case, could have happened I am sure.

Edited by Viceroy