Keeping warm in the Winter

masterBlaster

So this is my first post, so sorry if it has been covered. I was wanting to know if there is any news or talk of making ways to heat a home durning the winter, such as a stove, or fireplace( this would be good for cooking as well)? Campfires are not good indoors, and i just burnt my home down, I am quite pissed about it. Also will there be any added cloths added as well, such as winter coats, hats, gloves, and boots? Seeing how I am bring this up will there be as visual aspect to the winter months as well?

AFAIK planned, but not in development yet due to some big stuff being / going to (no ETA rule holds ...unfortunately) be released.

You might want to take a look at THIS as well as the two stickies in the PZ suggestions subforum.

PS: Welcome to the forums and remember to always be lovely or the worshippers of the baguette may get you (I'm serious, even though it might sound strange at the moment). Also, assimilation complete ;-)

So this is my first post, so sorry if it has been covered. I was wanting to know if there is any news or talk of making ways to heat a home durning the winter, such as a stove, or fireplace( this would be good for cooking as well)? Campfires are not good indoors, and i just burnt my home down, I am quite pissed about it. Also will there be any added cloths added as well, such as winter coats, hats, gloves, and boots? Seeing how I am bring this up will there be as visual aspect to the winter months as well?

How did you burn the house down?  Were you using a campfire kit as I have yet to have any ill effects of using one indoors. 

Welcome to the forums :) not sure if it is true but I noticed broken windows even when boarded make your home colder, so try not to break and enter into potential bases, jimmy the windows open. Also for campfire kits, I found putting dirt squares on floors will stop fire from spreading on wood surfaces, I usually build a walled off cooking area a short distance from my base out of wood and never have problems. Hope it helps!

Welcome to the forums :) not sure if it is true but I noticed broken windows even when boarded make your home colder, 

If it's true, I hope they would add a way to fix it.

I can understand drafts from a poorly boarded up window, but add some caulking or something to seal gaps and you'd probably end up better than the original window, especially if it's one piece of wood like a single piece of plywood.  The glass in windows, from the cheapest to the most fancy multiple pane gas filled blah blah, is basically the worst point of insulation in homes.  With only a bit of effort any boarded up broken window should be superior to the original window in terms of retaining heat.

I think campfires indoors werent an issue until 28 build, and it burns the floor obviously. Campfire shouldnt spread to nearby walls or tiles in general as far as I know.

Nice ideas here. I would love to see usable fireplaces, stoves and so on and winter elements. I didnt really like the "this-is-kentucky-we-dont-have-snow" idea, sorry devs, although real life counterpart environment can bring some kicks... but i see it mainly forms the guideline. Just another gameplay/realism issue, and as a northerner i just love freezing winters, hence the biased view. Winter naturally sets up few issues, like if it affects zombies at all.

Im sure clothing will eventually get more love from devs, when core elements are ready.

The erosion mod, now being integrated to the PZ, contains snow tiles :) snowing and blizzards could be nice effects too. I think this integration will also define needs for clothing options, as it finally adds real seasons.

I personally would like to see snowfall as well, and perhaps if a modder wants to take this up- a colder environment/location. Like for example set it in a Canadian province.

I also want to see winter coats and clothing. I wanna rock my great coat n fur cap in my nuclear winter wonderland filled with horrific zombies :P

• 6 years later...

here's my overall clothing setup and I set my world settings to hot cause I want more rain for the farms and having rain means that you'll get wet/soaked which basically ruins the clothes insulation more often outdoors making you cold even if you have a bunch of clothes and I could honestly put the world settings to very hot and very rainy but it'll make any long-term indoors stay with full clothing crazy hot and outdoors very cold with the exception of cars with enabled HT/AC if I didn't get slightly wet outside then this would give me the unpleasantly hot debuff and if I get myself soaked id probably become cold although that's going to be hard if not intentional.image.thumb.png.ac58444780bfad6022fd4507553e842e.png

Edited by LikeableKiwi
just added a little stfu

if you want an indoor campfire without burning you're base then you're better of making a base near an antique oven or just taking it to your base since it would be a great investment it also has a a lot more storage compared to the usual oven so you can cook a lot of food at once and it also acts like a campfire which provides heat and you can fuel them with clothes which can be taken from just about any zombie unlike the BBQ grill or charcoal grill... not sure if this can happen with this kind of oven but from what I know having a low cooking skill would sometimes make ovens explode/set alight so you really should start with campfire's first

Edited by LikeableKiwi

• 2 weeks later...