Setting up the map editor

In Retrospect

Hello everyone,

I'm new to project zomboid and as many people have probably found out the map editor used for project zomboid is available so you can recreate your hometown or a map of your choice. I really wanted to make my own map so I downloaded the tools and 32 bit tools folders from http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/4674-map-tools/. I replaced everything except the rules.txt folder but then I just had a folder with nothing to do. I managed to find out that it used the program Tiled despite it not being mentioned anywhere on the original post. However, now i'm stuck again. Where do I install the "tools" folder in Tiled to get it to work.

Please Help,

Thank you.

you have to install the TileZed / WorldEd folder TileZed or 32 bits / 64 bits WorldEd the tools folder inside the folder did so I TileZed

I installed the "tools" folder the 32 bit folder and replaced WorldEd with it. This is all the instructions the forums gives. I then end up with a "tools" folder full of stuff and none of the .exe files do anything. What do I do now? Install what in which folder? Replace what with what? I am at a loss as to what I should do.

Thanks Suomiboi. That worked for my PC but I also want it on my Mac. I have been trying to use wine and wine bottler to bundle it into a .app but it hasn't worked so far. Is there another way I could try to run it on Mac or do you know how I should go about running it through wine?

As far as I know there's no way of running it on Mac. At least no one I know of has gotten it working...

I can be utterly wrong about this so don't trust my word! I do remember that Rathlord was working on it at some point in time, but I have really no clue other than that. You could possibly try and PM him if he'd know of a way...

I know that there isn't an OSX version. That is why I was trying to use Wine (a program that converts .exe files to readable .app files) but I was having no luck. Do you know if the TileZed.exe file is an installer, the program itself or if it is a program together with all of the other files in the TileZed folder?