Marijuana mod: Cultivate it yourself!

Maska_zgz

Sorry for the delay. I have spent many hours in this update, adding a huge amount of new code. I love this mod, since, though not the only one that I created, if is the most fun, and with the more one I'm learning to modify this incredible game. I hope you like the new improvements added to the mod.

Compatibility:

Fully compatible with build 28.3

This version should be fully compatible with the above, although it is advisable to start a new game to better enjoy the changes.

But if you're going to update the mod for use in a previous game, I advise you to create a backup of the game before upgrading to avoid risks. I have not had any problem loading games with earlier versions of the mod, but just in case, better make sure.

Marijuana mod is fully compatible with the fantastic RKFmod. If you use RKFmod mod along with this mod, the new profession, the Drugs dealer, will have a switchblade own of RKFmod, in addition to its normal objects, a few joints and a lighter. Use RKFmod is not mandatory.

Marijuana mod is compatible with the waterpipes mod (farm irrigation mod). I advise using this to further enjoy the marijuana cultivation.

Marijuana mod is compatible with mods that use a drying rack to dry foods such as canning mod . If you find a drying rack in either of the two mods, you can dry everything smoothly.

Changelog:

- As was scheduled in previous versions of the mod , now when you consume marijuana have a real impact on the game. Finally they have been enabled in the game the "Drunk" moodle, necessary to make this happen.

- Updated the files that are used to test the mod. These files now also include the new items of this release. Has also been added another new file, used to test all new cooking recipes with marijuana of the mod.

- Updated the RecipesMarijuana v1.2.txt file, which is provided alongside the mod. This now contains all recipes of creating and using items of the last release. So everyone can check this file if you do not know how to do something. There are many other recipes in the mod, but the rest of them only indicate the different states of the items, for things like cleaning and the like.

- Now you can remove the dried marijuana from his sachet in case you need it for something, such as cooking recipes (see below). That if, the sachet is lost.

- Now you need fill the bong with water before use.

- You can now also use the matches, besides the lighter, for all recipes.

- Unlike before, now the lighter and matches are actually used in the make a recipe.

- If you do not find smoking papers, you can remove the leaves from a generic book and use them as smoking paper. However, the joints made ​​with of this paper are of inferior quality and produce a little more thirsty.

- Changes in the distribution of items:

> Now no longer dependent on suburbsdistributions.lua file for the distribution of items in the world. Thus, we have almost total control of the amount of items we want to spawn in the game. So finally we will not see a Kentucky overflowing with marijuana everywhere as usual.

> Currently, less than 10% of the population (now dead) will possess marijuana-related items. The gender of the person also counts in this. As in reality, it is easier to find marijuana in their bedrooms, not in their pockets.

> Removed undried marijuana and dried marijuana of all spawn points on the map. It is not normal for someone use in these conditions its Marijuana in his pockets, and if it's quite normal to keep it in some type of sachet or container.

> Now, the items usually appear in packs. It is rare that a person have a joint and do not carry a lighter, for example. I think it's more realistic.

> The Police of Meade and Hardin Counties are on the track of a person who traffics Marijuana massively. The investigators are convinced that his cover has to be a legal business, continuously visited by many people, so it does not raise suspicions. However, the apocalypse arrived just before they could stop him. Can you locate the hideout of this delinquent?. Surely there are many weeds in that place...

> Added the new objects of the new version of the mod. They appear in logical places.

- Cleaning Bongs:

Now, after a number of uses, the bongs get dirty. Dirty bongs can still be used, but the effects are minor. If you clean the bong after every use, cleaning will be much faster than if you wait for the bong is very dirty. This will consume the same amount of alcohol, salt, etc, but greatly facilitate the proper maintenance of the bongs.

There are three methods of cleaning of bongs:

> Alcohol 96º + Salt:

You can clean a bong with a new item, the alcohol of 96 degrees, which could be very easily found in many logical sites. Also, you need fill the bong with water, salt, a toothbrush and a dishcloth to clean them.

This method is moderately fast and simple, however, it is harmful to the acrylic bongs, and also for those who have been made with a water bottle.

You can clean one of these bongs with this system, but the bong will decay slowly until ceases to be functional.

First, it will be a little damaged, with few adverse effects. After, it will be damaged, with many unpleasant effects. And finally, it will become a nice collector's item, fully cracked and without its original color. These bongs, release unpleasant flavors in addition to harmful substances, so basically, it will become useless.

Glass bongs can be cleaned with this system without problems.

> Bongs Cleaning Kits:

The best way to clean a bong, is a cleaning kit created especially for them. It is the fastest, safe and effective way to clean a bong. Will not harm acrylic bongs. Normally be found together with the bongs, or in places where these usually appear.

> Dish Soap:

A homemade solution, easy to do, but a very slow way to clean a bong. It's that slow at cause you have to clean the soap several times to avoid bad tastes when we go to smoke. The good thing is that the dish soap is found in almost any home, so it is a very cheap method of cleaning.

Besides the dish soap, you'll need fill the bong with water, a toothbrush and a dishcloth to clean them. This method is completely safe for any kind of bong.

- Cooking Recipes:

Have been added a few cooking recipes with Marijuana in the mod. All are desserts or pastries, but maybe in the future I add more recipes. You can find all the recipes at the end of the text file called RecipesMarijuana v1.2. These delicious recipes have many advantages. Provides the desired psychotropic effects, and also do not cause thirst or hunger.

For now, these recipes are immovable, that is, they always have the same ingredients and the same effects. I have not managed to get who the food items created using dried marijuana, as a evolved recipe, have alcoholics effects, so for now you will not be able to add extra ingredients to recipes.

The recipes are:

Cannabutter: Fundamental to the other recipes, can also be eaten in a sandwich.

Cannabutter Sandwich: Simple but very tasty and effective.

Cake of Marijuana: Made with Cannabutter.

Pie of CannaChocolate: Made with Cannabutter and Chocolate.

CannaChocolate Cookies: Small portions of cannabical delights with small pieces of chocolate.

WARNING!

There's just one little problem with cooking recipes. They use the ReplacedOnCooked code, which does not allow cooking more than two cooking recipes using this code at a time. If you cook at once in an oven, for example, a Cake of Marijuana together a few CannaChocolate Cookies, when they are fully cooked, the game suffers a crash.

You can cook a normal cooking recipe (without marijuana)at the same time that an cooking recipe of this mod (with marijuana) without problems. But no two recipes of this mod at the same time. My friends and I use these recipes without problems in both single player and our server, but always knowing that you can only cook one recipe of the mod at a time .

For those who prefer not to risk using these recipes, for example, who want to use the mod on a server full of unknown people, which can not control, or warn of this limitation, there is an easy solution. You only have to remove the Marijuana Cooking Recipes.txt file. This is located in the following path:

Marijuana \ media \ scripts

If this file is deleted, they can not cook recipes of this mod in your game.

I'll edit the first post in this thread with these new changes. But I will do this tomorrow. Now I have to go to sleep.

Please inform of any failure. I will fix as fast as possible.

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/02rgpipy0h4cxko/Marijuana%20mod%201.2.7z?dl=0

EDIT: I still have not managed to use the magnificent sprites of the marijuana plant, provided by 956Texas. I will ask for help in the forum to see if anyone can help me in this regard.

Alcohol and salt, someone has done their research ;) Very cool new features, Downloading now and giving it a whack! Could you please drop a link to the RKFMod, im not able to find it on here for some reason...

Sorry, a few days ago that I do not enter in the forum. About RKFmod, I thought that was a well known mod as it is a magnificent mod, so I did not include a link. My fault. This is the link.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/8741-realistic-kentucky-firearms-mod-226/

Awesome mod indeed. I hope you'll make an update for version 29.x as well when it goes official! Keep up the good work!

I tested this mod with build 29.3, with waterpipes mod, and everything works properly. I think no need to upgrade anything. If you find any error, let me know. 

Alcohol and salt, someone has done their research ;) Very cool new features, Downloading now and giving it a whack! Could you please drop a link to the RKFMod, im not able to find it on here for some reason...

Sorry, a few days ago that I do not enter in the forum. About RKFmod, I thought that was a well known mod as it is a magnificent mod, so I did not include a link. My fault. This is the link.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/8741-realistic-kentucky-firearms-mod-226/

Awesome mod indeed. I hope you'll make an update for version 29.x as well when it goes official! Keep up the good work!

I tested this mod with build 29.3, with waterpipes mod, and everything works properly. I think no need to upgrade anything. If you find any error, let me know. 

I just downloaded this the other night to try out, and I love it. But I'm unable to dig with it active. I get two menu options to dig when right clicking on the ground, one does nothing and the other just closes the right click menu.

EDIT: This is on 29.3

I just downloaded this the other night to try out, and I love it. But I'm unable to dig with it active. I get two menu options to dig when right clicking on the ground, one does nothing and the other just closes the right click menu.

Currently, I and three friends use the mod with build 29.3 and do not have any problem. We also use the mod on a server, and everything works perfectly. We have dug, cultivated, harvested and smoking weed without any problem with build 29.3.

You have downloaded the mod from the first post of this thread?. If it is so, that version is incompatible with builds 28 and 29. I'm sorry, today I will update the first post. 

You have to download the mod from here: 

EDIT: First post fully updated.

Currently, I and three friends use the mod with build 29.3 and do not have any problem. We also use the mod on a server, and everything works perfectly. We have dug, cultivated, harvested and smoking weed without any problem with build 29.3.

You have downloaded the mod from the first post of this thread?. If it is so, that version is incompatible with builds 28 and 29. I'm sorry, today I will update the first post. 

That fixed it! Thanks so much, this mod is absolutely brilliant!

That fixed it! Thanks so much, this mod is absolutely brilliant!

Enjoy the mod! And please, comment on this thread what you think necessary.

did you get the custom weed plants to work?

No, not yet. Any help on this is welcome. I have a huge desire to use your sprites.

Did you ever add cocaine? I like the idea of my guy going on a bender for days and crashing

No, the mod is about of Marijuana, but yes, I have another small mod about cocaine. It is ridiculously small, making them appear only small sachets of cocaine in some bodies and a few places, and of course, you can consuming it. Right now I can not send you this mod, but if you wait a bit, I will send you the mod by PM.

Mod won't even load for me on the latest build. Also, the first post has a link to an older build still.

I had the same problem. The mod wouldn't even show up in the mod list. I was, however, able to get it working by manually typing the name of the mod in the loaded.txt doc inside the mods folder. 

http://i.imgur.com/oJ7MGup.jpg?1

It works fine on 29.3 so far with about 5 hours of testing.

Also just as a side note. Don't eat those cursed cookies when you first wake up. For some strange reason I get really tired by noon  :mrgreen:

Mod won't even load for me on the latest build. Also, the first post has a link to an older build still.

I had the same problem. The mod wouldn't even show up in the mod list. I was, however, able to get it working by manually typing the name of the mod in the loaded.txt doc inside the mods folder. 

Also just as a side note. Don't eat those cursed cookies when you first wake up. For some strange reason I get really tired by noon  :mrgreen:

Thanks, I'll try that. Any chance this could possibly be fixed though, as several of my friends were trying to install it.

Edit: Worked, thanks again.

I will send you the mod by PM.

Thanks, man. Let me know.

Tonight, I'll send you the mod. 

Thanks, I'll try that. Any chance this could possibly be fixed though, as several of my friends were trying to install it.

Edit: Worked, thanks again.

It is strange. Myself and five friends play together on a server, and all use this mod. None have problems loading the mod. There are also many other members of this forum using this mod and so far no one has said anything. 

I disabled and enabled the mod three times, and three times the mod loaded smoothly. I guess and hope they are isolated cases, and maybe it is due to mod loader. I have read in the forum that some people have problems with the mod loader in build 29.3. Please, if you discover something new about this, let me know. 

The solution explained by Avileus is correct. Only must be enabled the mod in loaded.txt file.

Hey guys, i just got the mod and I'm having a little trouble finding the seeds! can anyone give me a tip as to where I can find them?

I'll send you a PM to tell you the best places to find seeds. In this way we will not make any Spoiler to other users of the mod.

Hey guys, i just got the mod and I'm having a little trouble finding the seeds! can anyone give me a tip as to where I can find them?

I'm in the same boat, I can't tell if it's working because I can't seem to find items

As we talked on PM, the mod work perfectly for you in single player, but you do not managed it work on your server. Now, it seems, the mod also work on your server, so if I'm not mistaken, the matter has already been solved.  :)

I'll launch in a short time a small upgrade of the mod. This new version fix a problem with the distribution of an item, and will make the mod compatible with another mod that I will post shortly, beside a few minor changes in distribution. 

One thing I would add to the mod, is the possibility of having a few marijuana seeds from each sachet of marijuana found. But be very few. Hopefully this will alleviate some of the difficulty of finding seeds, while remaining a realistic mod.

Loving the mod so far, but I cant seem to cut down trees with it enabled. 

Nope. I did a test to make sure, and all works well. My mod does not alter any weapon, or modify IsoThumpable or anything similar.

See this image:

Will not use RKFMod (Realistic Kentucky Firearms)? Do you use any mod that modifies the weapons? You are using a version of WaterPipeMod old? 

Your bug is due to another mod. If it's a weapon mod, you'll have to wait until it is updated. If is Waterpipemod, this is a link to the mod for mod 29.3, thanks to blindcoder:

Ok so it was RFK mod. Gotta disable it and start new world.

Yes. It's a shame, but RKFmod no longer works properly. After changes in the melee weapons in the build 29.3, many things are broken in this mod. The fantastic mod Pravus not only adds new firearmas, also eliminates most of the melee weapons, and replaces items for new versions of these. For example: 

Before: Base.Axe --- Now: RKFmod.Axe. 

This makes many of the melee weapons do not work properly after the new changes in them. The mod needs to be updated.

it doesn't work for 29.3

I guess you mean RKFmod, because Marijuana Mod v 1.2 works perfectly with the construction 29.3. In fact, more than 500 people are currently using this version of the mod with build 29.3. 

Perhaps, your problem is that the mod does not load properly in the normal way. This has happened to a few people, as you can read in this thread, and also happens sometimes with other mods. This problem does not happen to most people, but it happens sometimes. 

The solution is in this thread. Just open the file Loaded.txt, located in this path (Windows 7): 

C:\Users\YourName\Zomboid\mods 

Once you have opened this file, you just have to add "Marijuana" without quotes to the list. This is a sample image:

VhZG3lR.png

• nasKo locked this topic