Marijuana mod: Cultivate it yourself!

Maska_zgz

Well here's a big problem. When I'm using this mod I can't dig that means I can't plant marijuana seeds!

i have the same problem , i cant plant and dig anything. im using v31

sometimes a newly released build can have a negative effect on a mod, to the point it may not work as intended.

just keep checking back, see if Maska has updated it to the latest build

OR...just do what Rick L suggested below

i havent read all the messages, i see there is a solutions, thanks for telling me that.

have a nice and apocaliptical day

Hi all, just thought I'd put this out there. Has anyone else noticed Alcohol 96 replacing Bottle of Disinfectant and the absence of both tweezers and suture needles? After installing this mod with the hotfixes this happened using the New Denver map. I also noticed duplication of dig and farming commands in the right click popup menu and digging makes my suvivor tired twice as fast as before. Odd. Hope the updated mod can fix this!

• 4 weeks later...

I've updated the SuburbsDistributions.lua to work with build 31.

Just find it in your mod/media/lua/server/items/SuburbsDistributions.lua 

open it up in notepad++ or any other text editor, select all and replace it with the text here http://pastebin.com/rjWaZ7qh

I basically just added everything that was missing with the current version, into the obsolete mod's version. Enjoy!

Edit: This should fix the first aid stuff not spawning, as well as a few other things no one probably noticed not spawning.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, I think I have this fixed for IWBUMS 32.17, though it has not been fully tested. So if you find any glitches/bugs, you'll have to live with it being as I am in no way a coder. All items showed up in my test game and were usable, although I did not try to plant or harvest seeds.

The only things I really did, was to add the previous fixes and removed some of the "Improvised Papers" made from the books.

If anyone wishes to look further into this mod and have it fully compatible, please do so.

All credits go to Maska_zgz for the original mod.

And the file:

REMOVED

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not getting the option to plant seeds in the dug dirt. Anyone else having this issue?

Is this happening with the version I posted? If so, I stated:

All items showed up in my test game and were usable, although I did not try to plant or harvest seeds.

I just tested planting seeds and you can not plant them. 

Another update.

I think you now can plant and harvest seeds. It worked in my test game. There may be some gfx issues regarding some things, but I don't think it hinders anything really other than eye candy.

attachicon.gifMarijuana 32.20.zip

I have yet to check functionality, but the previous version was giving a CTD on startup, your version cleared that up (this is 32.16).

I am confused by the installation instruction contained in the readme, do I I only copy/paste "Marijuana" into my mods folder or do I need to do something with the testfiles 1.3 and RecipesMarijuana v1.3 as well?

You only need to copy the Marijuana folder to your mods folder. You do not need to do anything with the testfiles or recipes files.

That being said, the download in the OP does not work.

I have posted somewhat of a fix that works in IWBUMS 32.20 (at least on my system), it's a few posts above this.

I haven't tried the new version yet, but found an old suburbsdistribution file in the lua\server folder. It doesn't have fire extinguishers, hair spray, aluminum, or sparklers in it.

Deleteing that file won't affect the marijuana mod but fixes these items' spawns.

Hmmm... I thought I updated that with the one from \Steam\SteamApps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\lua\server.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up.

No problem! It's great that you're picking up the torch to keep this mod functional. It's helped me a lot in figuring out how farming is coded.

I've removed the suburbsdistribution Kurogo mentioned and posted a newish update.

@ Kurogo:

It actually took me about a week to figure out what was causing the crash/freeze problem in the first place... books. I also made some smallish tweaks to the mod. I really hope it doesn't get broken again. The only thing I haven't be able to figure out is the profession.

• 1 month later...

I planed create new mod with much of drugs and scripted effects of it...

So, can I use this mod like base for my?

You'll have to PM the creator, if he even answers being as I haven't seen him post here for a few months. That is why I attempted to fix it... well at least get it kind of working.

• 4 months later...

It doesn't work with v33+

checking to be sure the mod is even being worked on, by doing something like noticing the last date this thread was posted in, can help quite a bit. many mods have not been worked on in a while, some mod makers simply don't come around much lately.

• 2 months later...

i need a little help please this is my first time using mods and trying them and ive followed the instrictutions on the downloads and that come with the mod but none of them are showing in the mods list on the game how do i know if they work or whatever because i would like to have all the guns and ammo with my guy to start with and yeah nothing seems to be doing like the instructions say please help