Marijuana mod: Cultivate it yourself!

Maska_zgz

Welcome back Maska! Can't wait for the update to this! =)

One thing I wanted to mention since you might be making tweaks to it. Would it be possible to lower the spawn chance of Rolling Paper Packets? Not that I don't enjoy always having actual rolling papers available but I have yet to even consider using pages torn from a book as improvised rolling papers. Just a thought and certainly won't deter me from using your mod regardless. =P

The Dentist's fix for digging and new version loot spawning works great for now but I'd love to see an update where it didn't provide 2 sets of options when using farming nodes. As well as the ability to hover inspect plants would be much appreciated to have functional again.

In any case, thank you for the great work so far and for keeping us updated here on the forums! =)

You are welcome Maska!! Stay strong comrade and remember there is a community that supports you in the mod and your life. Thanks to my other comrade Atox for making the sprites work. You too Dentist For the support towards this mod thank you.

Stay high (ingame only) community!

Bad news. I discovered today why often the drunk moodle not work with the mod. Apparently, the moodle is linked to hunger. I mean, if you smoke a joint, and your hunger level is negative, the alcoholic effect does not appear. Same with whiskey. But when hunger level is positive, the alcoholic effect appears without problems ...

This is very bad for the mod, because the joints must cause hunger, and is a strange way of doing things. It is rare the link of the alcoholic effect to a positive level of hunger... It makes little sense... And the trouble is that this can not be changed through lua.

I'll have to invent a way to avoid this...  :(

Bad news. I discovered today why often the drunk moodle not work with the mod. Apparently, the moodle is linked to hunger. I mean, if you smoke a joint, and your hunger level is negative, the alcoholic effect does not appear. Same with whiskey. But when hunger level is positive, the alcoholic effect appears without problems ...

This is very bad for the mod, because the joints must cause hunger, and is a strange way of doing things. It is rare the link of the alcoholic effect to a positive level of hunger... It makes little sense... And the trouble is that this can not be changed through lua.

That sounds like a bug to me. have you posted it on the tracker / the support forum?

:o Uh o hope you can find a way around tht

I have achieved through lua around the problem, but only partially. Now, when the level of hunger is first class, that is "Peckish", the Drunk moodle appears correctly. But in other levels of negative hunger does not appear. I keep trying to force to the moodle to appear on all levels of negative hunger. I have still hope to achieve it, but that means more time ...

That sounds like a bug to me. have you posted it on the tracker / the support forum?

Do not think it's a bug, but rather a quick and easy way to implement this moodle in the game. But hey, I'll post it today in the bugs section to see if we are lucky. Thanks for your interest, blindcoder.  ;)

Nothing. Even after achieving through of lua to appear the drunk moodle in negative level of hunger, the moodle disappears again almost instantly, I guess because the game detects the level of negative hungry.

For now I will leave this subject, dedicating myself to finish the mod and add the planned things, and hopefully the devs say something about it. I created a New Topic in the bugs section to see what they say about it.

This is the thread. Hopefully someone say something, and the thread is not lost in oblivion...

Perfect!. Developers have already fixed the problem of negative hunger when drinking alcohol. Apparently, the bug also affected the effects of poisoning and rotten food. This team of developers is great!

We can now proceed with the development of the mod!.  :D

We can now proceed with the development of the mod!.  :D

Glad to hear that ! It seems you have put a lot of work in your mod. But there is one thing I don't understand, why do you use the drunked moodle instead of making a new one, exclusive to the weed effects, something that would slow all player animations & movement (the more you smoke, the slower you get) in addition to the current hunger agmentation ? Is it too hard / impossible to mod moodlet and add them some effects ?

At every canabis usage :

- increase hunger

- decrease stress a lot

- decrease unhapiness

At every stage of weed moodlet we could have : 

- harder to control moving (like the current alchool moodlet)

- slower animations (in addition)

So that I would be harder to cut down a tree / a zombie after a too intense canabis usage

Hope you'll keep up the good work with your mod  ;-)

For the moment, and with the available tools, it seems impossible to create or modify Moodles. Maybe someone able to explore the bowels of the game, through java decompiling, and modifying something, can achieve something, but those with more humble knowledge, as I, can do nothing.

There are several threads in the forum of people trying to modify or create a moodle, and the answer is always the same. It is still not possible.

If I'm wrong, please, someone correct me. And please, teach me how to make a moodle. Would be happy to have a customized moodle for the mod.  ;)

I had an idea about what effect marijuana could have but I don't know if that's doable. Do you think you could add a multiplier to the anxiety/panic/sadness level modifiers, but in both ways ?

Like, under the influence of marijuana, if you do something that causes panic/anxiety/sadness, the negative effect is multiplied, but if you do something to relieve some anxiety/stress/fear or something with a moral boost, the bonus is multiplied as well. Like it would intensify the character's reaction to the situations he encounters, or to its actions.

And then you get hungry ;o

Also, maybe the "painkiller effect" or the "sleeping pill effect" could be done by harvesting the weed at given moments of its growth. Like past X weeks, it makes you sleepy, before X weeks it kills the pain, and inbetween you have the psychoactive effect.

Is this mod available for build 31?

:shock:

Would you like to share the document to different sites? I have problem to open the ones in the main post.

:unsure:

BTW, what needs to be done for adding new crops?

The mod is not yet available for build 31 because of all the new features that are being added to the mod. There are many new things added in the mod in this new version. These new features mean thousands of new lines of code, and my time is very limited.

I'm working every day in the mod, sometimes 10 hours, and sometimes just an hour, according to the time available. So I can assure you that I am working on the mod, but not when it will be finished. I hope that the mod is ready when the build 31 be official, or shortly after, but this depends on my free time.

If you have trouble downloading the mod, I can give you the mod by other means once it has been finalized, no problem.

How to add new crops is easily understood through my mod, but now I do not have time to explain it, as there are many files involved. Especially because I want to devote all my time in the upgrade of my mod. Perhaps in the future, I make a small tutorial about it.

Is this mod available for build 31?

:shock:

Would you like to share the document to different sites? I have problem to open the ones in the main post.

:unsure:

BTW, what needs to be done for adding new crops?

The mod is not yet available for build 31 because of all the new features that are being added to the mod. There are many new things added in the mod in this new version. These new features mean thousands of new lines of code, and my time is very limited.

I'm working every day in the mod, sometimes 10 hours, and sometimes just an hour, according to the time available. So I can assure you that I am working on the mod, but not when it will be finished. I hope that the mod is ready when the build 31 be official, or shortly after, but this depends on my free time.

If you have trouble downloading the mod, I can give you the mod by other means once it has been finalized, no problem.

How to add new crops is easily understood through my mod, but now I do not have time to explain it, as there are many files involved. Especially because I want to devote all my time in the upgrade of my mod. Perhaps in the future, I make a small tutorial about it.

Thanks for the reply.

I have got the mod from other players.

Well,I hope this question won't trouble you too much,if the process of making new plants is too long to explain. How can I change the growing time of marijuana. 4 weeks are little bit too long to me......

My girlfriend and I just got this mod yesterday, but are having some minor issues. With the mod on we cannot find a fair amount of medical supplies. 

- First Aid Kits, Tweezers, Sutures, Disinfectant, Cotton Balls, and Alcohol Pads do not appear at all.

- With the mod activated, whiskey bottles only spawn in bar/taverns, they simply won't appear in houses for us anymore

- This is the only installed mod. 

I can get by without disinfectant, alcohol pads, and cotton balls, if the whiskey didn't seem so limited to where it will spawn. But without first aid kits and/or sutures i'm afraid to bust/climb in and out of windows cuz i'm clueless as to how i'd remove glass shards, and/or stitch up deep wounds. 

Thanks

MetalWayner i had the same problem and fixed it by deleting the SuburbsDistributions from the mod located [Marijuana>media>lua>server>items] and copying & pasting the one from the main game files in its place located [Project Zomboid>media>lua>server>items]. I think you might have to do this every build since the one that comes with the mod is from a older verison and all the new stuff they add is not in that SuburbsDistributions. Let me know if it worked for you.

I've just got into modding with PZ and really wanted this mod to work.  The items appear in the game, like drying racks etc., but for some reason the icons are all replaced by question marks as if the game can't find the texture file. Is there a quick fix for this? I'm on build 31 btw.

Thanks for the big efforts too!

[edit: forget the above, I found the hotfix amongst this mods thread

You just have to replace the two .txt files of the hotfix. These files are in the folder:

?:\Users\YourUser\Zomboid\mods\Marijuana\media\scripts]

I feel the problems, but I am still updating the mod to build 31. Whenever I updated to a new build, I had to change something important in a file. In builds 31.7, 31.8. 31.9 and 31.10 have been changes that affect the mod files. So I'll wait a little longer.

Also, as I said earlier, I'm still working on the new version, which improves drastically, from my point of view, all the mod. The new version added very very large changes, very costly in time to perform, so still not going to be released a new version. I work every day in the mod, spending all my free time, but real life is odious sometimes ...

I've been many weeks without playing PZ, since I only do modding. Today, after returning from my work, I have spent today full three hours working in the mod, and possibly I will work other five hours more working on the mod. 8 hours today, and so almost every day. So please, a little patience, I hard work on the mod, and I'll upload it to the forum when ready, not before. I do not like the fast and bad things. All good things take time. Sorry. And thanks for your patience.

I feel the problems, but I am still updating the mod to build 31. Whenever I updated to a new build, I had to change something important in a file. In builds 31.7, 31.8. 31.9 and 31.10 have been changes that affect the mod files. So I'll wait a little longer.

Also, as I said earlier, I'm still working on the new version, which improves drastically, from my point of view, all the mod. The new version added very very large changes, very costly in time to perform, so still not going to be released a new version. I work every day in the mod, spending all my free time, but real life is odious sometimes ...

I've been many weeks without playing PZ, since I only do modding. Today, after returning from my work, I have spent today full three hours working in the mod, and possibly I will work other five hours more working on the mod. 8 hours today, and so almost every day. So please, a little patience, I hard work on the mod, and I'll upload it to the forum when ready, not before. I do not like the fast and bad things. All good things take time. Sorry. And thanks for your patience.

thanks a ton for taking the time to even create this mod...let alone continue to update it.

MetalWayner i had the same problem and fixed it by deleting the SuburbsDistributions from the mod located [Marijuana>media>lua>server>items] and copying & pasting the one from the main game files in its place located [Project Zomboid>media>lua>server>items]. I think you might have to do this every build since the one that comes with the mod is from a older verison and all the new stuff they add is not in that SuburbsDistributions. Let me know if it worked for you.

This worked, thank you for this. 

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome back.

Sorry to bother you, would you provide more options on downloading address for this time?

BTW, would you like to share some experience about adding new crops? A tutorial, perhaps?

Well here's a big problem. When I'm using this mod I can't dig that means I can't plant marijuana seeds!

i have the same problem , i cant plant and dig anything. im using v31

sometimes a newly released build can have a negative effect on a mod, to the point it may not work as intended.

just keep checking back, see if Maska has updated it to the latest build

OR...just do what Rick L suggested below

• nasKo locked this topic