Marijuana mod: Cultivate it yourself!

Maska_zgz

• 1 month later...

Hi,

you can dig if you change the "ISFarmingMenu.lua" from the mod-folder!

Just search in your main-game-folder (example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ProjectZomboid") for the "ISFarmingMenu.lua"!

Copy it and put it into the mod-folder ( example: "C:\Users\yourUser\Zomboid\mods\Marijuana\media\lua\client\farming\ISUI")!

If you overwrite it, you should be able to dig in the ground.  Somehow 2 "dig-options" appear, but i think thats not a problem.

For Maska_zgz: I wish you the strength needed to get through this moment in your life!

Edit: Still no info is showing up on the plants. But dont know how to work on that.

Maybe we can look into the lua-file and see the diffrences in the programminglines and get things sorted out this way. I dont know sh.. about porgramming.

Hi again.

Changed the new (30.12) "ISFarmingMenu.lua". Now all (i hope so) mod related entries are in the fixed lua-file.

You can download the fixed lua-file here:

http://ul.to/eti8txzn

Just replace the one from the mod ("C:\Users\yourUser\Zomboid\mods\Marijuana\media\lua\client\farming\ISUI") with the one in the rar.

I can now dig and i am pretty sure u can do all the planting, harvesting stuff too. Dont have time now for more testing. Later i will test it with seeds.

I think the missing info status that Mad Money Matt told us about is also back, if he meant the one that pops up with the mouse cursor over the plant.

The only bug for now is that there are two digging options when carrying a shovel. Both work.

Let me please know your experience with it, so i dont have to test it all alone. Cu guys.

Edit: testet the diggingfixV0.1. It works in PZ 30.12. I could dig, plant and harvest the plants and get seeds.

Thanks to the original creator.

I dont know how to fix the double menu, too. Maybe someone in the future will know. But it works great for now.

cb8tjo9.jpg

Edit 2: Just noticed that old savegames, and by that, i mean the fields in the old savegames do not work. Start a new game or remove all fields and then dig new ones with the mod enabled. Only then u can interact with your fields and plants. Maybe it works with savegames where the mod already was enabled from the beginning, but will not test this.

file SuburbsDistributions.lua from lua/server/items folder overwrites original. so in the latest build new medical stuff don't spawn. i've noticed that there's no SuburbsDistributions.lua in some mods that add new items. is it really necessary in this one?

Sounds logical.

It would be a lot of work to get all Marijuana-mod related items into the new file. Over 4000 lines to check.

Also i would see where the mod related items spawn. That would ruin the fun. I think i ll pass on the new items...

Any ideas how to do it automaticly? Using a program wich will combine the both documents...

Edit: just checked the "SuburbsDistributions.lua" from the mod for items from the mod. Only the Alcohol 96 was found. If there is nothing more another fix would be very easy. Hope i dont get this wrong.

So, here it is. The new (30.12) "SuburbasDistributions.lua" from the vanilla game, modified with the one item i found, Alcohol96.

Just put it in the "C:\Users\YourUser\Zomboid\mods\Marijuana\media\lua\server\Items" folder and overwrite the old modversion.

http://ul.to/psbwwgl4

Thanks for the info nin4! And again, i do not own anything of this. All Credits to the Creator(s)!

You're a God-damned genius!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoptofKbQ04

I am just doing copy&paste. But thank you. 8-)

PZ updated it self today to 30.15 and nin4 had the idea with the new features in the 30build.

So i checked all lua's in the modfolder.

This is now a version where, i think, all new mechanics are active. Like new medical stuff and the farmingstuff was changed too (no more exhausted after digging one field).

I changed the appearance of the plant, from broccoli to tomatoe. In movies it looked taller, so i thought it would be more weed-like.

Hope u guys can live with that.

The bug with the double menus is still active and in the plant info window it shows the name farming_marijuana and not only marijuana. Don't know how to do change that. Sorry.

Thanks to Maska_zgz for creating this mod. I just copy&paseted some stuff. Hope he returns soon to create more content.

http://ul.to/ma1otlqa

Hello, love this mod, and the dig fix worked well, i was wondering though if smoking the marijuana is making anyone else fed instead of hungry, i didnt get this mod till the game was in 30.16 if that makes a difference. if anyone else is having this problem did they find a fix for it? thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ziek,

don't know what you mean exactly.

I can prepare a bong and smoke weed and instantly the hunger symbol comes up.

If you eat dryed weed, it doesn't work like smoking. Then u get one point less hungry and there is no effect of the weed.

Please tell us, what exactly you where doing.

Sorry for the late answer.

I'm with Ziek, sometimes playing PZ when my character smokes a joint, a double joint, or a bong, he gets his hungry filled up becoming well fed, I thought it was part of the mod... Oh, and often a joint don't seem to make any effect, but I don't worry about this bug, just roll another one :P

Hi, thanks for making this cool mod. I just came up with a new idea, a new usage of Marijuana: Hemp Fiber! 

For non-smokers, Marijuana is also a good sorce for sturdy but cheap fiber. In real life you just need to get some stems, remove the periderm, dry them, squeeze them with something like rolling pin, and boom, hemp fiber is complete. I think it will be pretty cool if this mechanism is in the game because that way I can make my own rope, twine or even sheet for crafting and repairing! Isn't that awesome?

Hope you like my idea.

Hello everyone! I am here again. Thanks to all for your comments about the mod, and also to those who have given me encouragement with my personal problems. Right now I can not write much, but I promise to answer all those who have posted in this thread and all other threads of my mods. I've updated all my mods to the latest version of the game, but there are still a few tweaks. In the coming days I'll upload all new versions of my mods.

This mod in particular, has received a substantial improvement, so I hope you like the changes.

And thank you very much for the more than 1000 downloads of this mod! ;)

It seems that the update was delayed a bit. Everything is ready, but thanks to Atoxwarrior, perhaps finally is possible to add the custom sprites created by Texas956 for the marijuana plant. I also will take advantage of this extra time to make some tests with the mod, and if necessary, make some tweaks.

As The Dentist did a great job with updating the mod, as its version works perfectly, except the trait Think Green and some points of generation of items, really an urgent upgrade is not necessary. 

I give many thanks to The Dentist, Texas956 and Atoxwarrior for their excellent work. Now you just need to have a little extra patience to wait for the next patch which will improve the mod greatly!. ;)

• nasKo locked this topic