Marijuana mod: Cultivate it yourself!

Maska_zgz

This mod looks awesome however I can't get it to load in PZ even after trying all the suggested fixes. Downloaded into mods folder under users/myself, changed loaded.txt saved it applied read-only, reboot and no luck I can't get the mod to appear under mods while in game.

This mod looks awesome however I can't get it to load in PZ even after trying all the suggested fixes. Downloaded into mods folder under users/myself, changed loaded.txt saved it applied read-only, reboot and no luck I can't get the mod to appear under mods while in game.

Pff, that's very rare. I'll have to look into the problem more thoroughly. Right now I'm at work, writing from my mobile phone.

Tonight or tomorrow morning (European time), I'll get back to you via a PM and see if we find the problem. It is very strange that, with more than 500 users, they just happen to a few people.

I will do everything possible to help in this matter.

Definitely wasn't clashing with the other mod. After downloading winzip and extracting the downloaded file with that, I was able to get it working while playing. However under lists of mods, it's not visible to be toggled on/off.

Last night I sent you a private message, and now another. If your problem still persists, please respond me. I really want to know what is the problem causing this.

Now, after a lot of testing, and talk through private messages with the people who say that the mod not works, or will not appear on the ingame "mods" menu, some things are clear.

1- Some people install the mods in the installation folder of the game: 

\ Steam \ SteamApps \ common \ ProjectZomboid \ mods 

This is not correct. The installation path of the mods in this game is: 

\ Users \ YourName \ Zomboid \ mods 

2- Some people not installed the correct folder of the mod. This means that, although the mod load and works correctly, THE MOD IS NOT IN THE LIST OF MODS, even if you has changed loaded.txt file correctly. 

The correct mod folder is not "Marijuana mod 1.2". The correct folder is "Marijuana". 

I'll include this info in the first post of the thread, and now the compressed file also include a txt file with installation instructions, and a notice on the parent folder of the mod, saying... (Not install - mod inside). 

This happens because the mod is incorrectly install, and the modloader not locate the mod.info file, which contains all information of the mod, and makes this appear in the list. Because of this erroneous folder structure, perhaps there are other bugs with the mod, but I'm not sure. Make sure to install the correct folder, please.

Until now, these were all cases of people who say the mod not work. If someone has a different bug of these, please let me know. 

Hope this helps people who have no experience installing mods.  ;)

Ok so it was RFK mod. Gotta disable it and start new world.

Yes. It's a shame, but RKFmod no longer works properly. After changes in the melee weapons in the build 29.3, many things are broken in this mod. The fantastic mod Pravus not only adds new firearmas, also eliminates most of the melee weapons, and replaces items for new versions of these. For example: 

Before: Base.Axe --- Now: RKFmod.Axe. 

This makes many of the melee weapons do not work properly after the new changes in them. The mod needs to be updated.

it doesn't work for 29.3

I guess you mean RKFmod, because Marijuana Mod v 1.2 works perfectly with the construction 29.3. In fact, more than 500 people are currently using this version of the mod with build 29.3. 

Perhaps, your problem is that the mod does not load properly in the normal way. This has happened to a few people, as you can read in this thread, and also happens sometimes with other mods. This problem does not happen to most people, but it happens sometimes. 

The solution is in this thread. Just open the file Loaded.txt, located in this path (Windows 7): 

C:\Users\YourName\Zomboid\mods 

Once you have opened this file, you just have to add "Marijuana" without quotes to the list. This is a sample image:

VhZG3lR.png

tried that and it still doesn't work. Also i run windows 8.1

Yes. It's a shame, but RKFmod no longer works properly. After changes in the melee weapons in the build 29.3, many things are broken in this mod. The fantastic mod Pravus not only adds new firearmas, also eliminates most of the melee weapons, and replaces items for new versions of these. For example: 

This makes many of the melee weapons do not work properly after the new changes in them. The mod needs to be updated.

it doesn't work for 29.3

I guess you mean RKFmod, because Marijuana Mod v 1.2 works perfectly with the construction 29.3. In fact, more than 500 people are currently using this version of the mod with build 29.3. 

Perhaps, your problem is that the mod does not load properly in the normal way. This has happened to a few people, as you can read in this thread, and also happens sometimes with other mods. This problem does not happen to most people, but it happens sometimes. 

The solution is in this thread. Just open the file Loaded.txt, located in this path (Windows 7): 

Once you have opened this file, you just have to add "Marijuana" without quotes to the list. This is a sample image:

VhZG3lR.png

tried that and it still doesn't work. Also i run windows 8.1

I have sent you a private message, please reply to the message, we will try to solve your problem too.  ;)

"Different varieties of Marijuana. Some increase the need for sleep, others will make you happier, others mitigate pain, etc.."

Perhaps have a trait (+3 points) that lets you identify the strand / type of marijuana and it's affects? (-Pain, +Tired, etc)

Good mod I very support +1

Maska, you are good with .lua maybe you are the one who cam make RKF revision for current build, i've contacted with Pravus, until he was online, and he was not aginst someone to fix it. He mentioned he will be offline for some time because of some stuff.

Thanks for your vote of confidence, but although I am slowly learning lua, I can not say that I'm good with lua, I only know a bit of lua. In truth, I was already looking in RKFmod, and I fix some things, but I have so little time and so much cumulative work that finally I decided not to use / fix the mod. I have two major problems with this:

- I've never worked with weapons and scripts associated with them in this game, so I should start learning from scratch, and this would take me a long time.

- The most important reason is my lack of time. Within a couple of days I will post three new mods, plus an update of Marijuana mod. Now I have everything done, but I have no time to create the threads for these mods. Also, I have already started other new mod, which I will devote all my limited time available when have been published all of the above. These days, I have only time to eat, work and sleep, nothing more. In January this situation will change.

So sorry, for now I will not be able to revise RKFmod, although I would do it.

"Different varieties of Marijuana. Some increase the need for sleep, others will make you happier, others mitigate pain, etc.."

Perhaps have a trait (+3 points) that lets you identify the strand / type of marijuana and it's affects? (-Pain, +Tired, etc)

Good mod I very support +1

Thanks for the support.  :)

As you can see, this feature has not been implemented yet in the mod, as it is in the "coming soon" section, and a sign that reads "Questioned", for some reasons explained in this thread. Anyway, maybe this feature will be added in the future, as I have learned to manage rather better lua, and maybe I could now do so. Furthermore, Texas956 has given me some amazing sprites that would help to differentiate each type of plant, but despite my efforts, I could not include them in the mod.

Indeed, we would not need to add a new trait to recognize the different varieties of marijuana. I would create new types of seed bags that would indicate the different varieties, and adding to this the new sprites, would be very easy distinguish them. But at a minimum, we will have to wait until build30 or 31, because I'm sure I'll have to do an update after the new medical review, besides trying to add the sprites of Texas956. 

How do you make the drying rack?

How do you make the drying rack?

you FIND the drying rack in various places

Both are right, but I need to explain a few things.

The drying rack is commonly found in home kitchens. It is also possible to find it in general stores, and in shops aimed at the sale of food.

I think that CosmicMarshmalo downloaded the mod version 1.2 in first time, and syfy been using the mod for longer, with earlier versions. And here's the ruling. In previous versions of the mod, the drying rack appeared very often, but in version 1.3 this item rarely appears. This is due to an error in the percentage of occurrence of the item in the script.

This is fixed in version 1.3. Now you can find plenty of drying racks.

Marijuana Mod 1.3 released!

Really, it's not a big patch, but rather a small but important and essential hotfix. I have not managed to use sprites for the marijuana plant created by Texas956, but I keep trying.

Changelog:

- Has been repaired a problem with the distribution of the drying rack. Now this item will appear correctly in the game. Those that go to update the mod for a previous game, and ye have looted many houses, do not be afraid. This object appears very often in any kitchen or General Store. The drying rack is essential because without it, you can not dry the marijuana that you have cultivated.

- The Drugs Dealer profession, has been renamed to Drug Dealer.

- Have been added custom icons to the Drug Dealer profession and to the Think Green trait.

- Fixed two exploits:

1 - Until this upgrade, you could smoke of the sachet of marijuana until only has one use of this sachet for one joint, then, you could take out the marijuana from the sachet, and place it back in another sachet. By doing so, you coming back to have another whole sachet of marijuana. This will no longer happen. If you previously have used the sachet to prepare a joint or anything, you can not remove the marijuana from his sachet.

2 - This is a minor exploit, but it is a necessary correction. Now, the double paper joint not just spend two smoking papers, now also spend two uses of the sachet of marijuana instead of one. It is logical, for this the effect is twice as strong...

- There have been some adjustments in the amount of generation of some items. I think that the rate of appearance of items in this version is more realistic than in any previous version. As always, we depend entirely of random chance, since the scripts are based on percentages, But slowly we're getting to a good level de spawn. Sometimes, in a game will appear in a few items, and in another appear more, but the current average is very good. At last, this is a post apocalyptic world with a more or less logical levels of marijuana in the world, not a post apocalyptic world with marijuana everywhere. Some corrections will be held in the future, but these will be very minor.

- Has been created new entries / definitions on an original game file, the SuburbsDistributions.lua file. Today, many containers and buildings / rooms are not defined in this file, so it is not possible to generate objects in them through an own script. Therefore I have added these definitions to generate articles on these sites. These changes do not affect any other mod and do not cause any compatibility problem.

This makes buildings, rooms and furniture, which in version 1.2 were ready to produce marijuana-related items, can finally generate these items. For example, in version 1.2, one of the most common places to find the marijuana seeds were storageunits, but the game and the old SuburbsDistributions.lua, did not allow to generate these objects in these places. In this particular example, it is hoped that after these changes the marijuana seeds are more abundant.

- Has been made the mod compatible with some mods I posted on the forum today:

Literature Mod: Thanks to this compatibility patch, you can now take the sheets of the 1140 new books that have been added in Literature mod. Finally we can make a joint with the pages of our favorite book!

Cocaine mod: I had forgotten this mod during a long time, since I made this mod for a friend long time ago, and I not use it. But several members of the forum have asked me this mod, and, despite the risk of appearing as the drug dealer of the Forum, I posted this mod.

Thanks to the compatibility patch, now a character created with the drug dealer profession, appears with a sachet of cocaine, and is more resistant to their harmful effects. In addition, following the story of Marijuana Mod, about what the police were on the trail of a secret place in Muldraugh, where drugs were sold in large numbers, now there also can find some cocaine in this place. If you use Cocaine mod, is advisable to use it with Marijuana mod, but can be used separately.

I probably, will launch later patches for compatibility with other mods in progress.

Download Link: http://bit.ly/1yK1eyS

In the next update, I will try to facilitate the translation of the mod. Also possibly add different side effects to smoking marijuana, some beneficial and some not so good, that will be affected by the traits elected in the creation of the character. These traits, Light Drinker and Heavy Drinker, will be more important than ever when your character consume marijuana. They will also be added a few sentences spoken by the character according as he feels his trip of marijuana, as in Cocaine mod, which you can see at this link: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/11416-cocaine-mod/

it doesn't work for 29.3

VhZG3lR.png

Actually no i mean the Marijuana mod. I've downloaded and Used Bedford and the RFK mod and they both work besides the chopping trees glitch on RFK mod. 

New version 1.3 released!

Hello everyone. Some friends asked me to create a mod for smoking joints, and I knew that already on some outdated mods like Apocalypse +, a marvelous mod, you can do that. However, in my point of view, this a bit unrealistic. Marijuana appeared out of nowhere, and if you wanted to smoke more, you depended to find more joints or marijuana of fallen zombies or looted houses. 

Why not grow marijuana ourselves? In the real world you can, if permitted in your country. And if it is not allowed, it is equally cultivated. In addition, 99.9% of cops have become zombies, so the drug law no longer exists. 

If one person very accustomed to smoking marijuana survive a zombie apocalypse, probably at first is devoted to survive, find food, seek shelter and fortify this, etc. But once felt safe, maybe, and just maybe, wish back smoking again a joint. And not just a dry joint found in the pocket of a zombie. He wish to smoke Marijuana freshly harvested, cultivated with his own hands. Quality.

And this is what makes this mod. With this mod you can do many things: 

- Find Marijuana seeds and grow them. 

- See as your plants grow, wanting to try their fruit. 

- Once cultivated with loving, Marijuana can be dried with a Drying Rack and placed in small bags, and you will be ready to smoke it.

- You can smoke normal joints, more powerful joints created using two rolling papers, or softer joints, using a cigarette. 

- Smoking joints removes much boredom and stress, plus a bit of unhappiness. However, greatly increased hunger and thirst.

- If you do not find smoking papers, you can remove the leaves from a generic book and use them as smoking paper. However, the joints made ​​with of this paper are of inferior quality and produce a little more thirsty.

- You can find Bongs, for smoking with more style. Currently, there are 6 acrylic Bongs and 6 Glass Bongs to find. All with different icons, based on real-world Bongs. In the future, if required, can be added more variety of Bongs.

- If you can not leave home to find a Bong ... You can make one yourself! You can create a homemade bong with a pen, empty plastic bottle, duct tape or scotchtape, a lighter and a paperclip. Or, you can cut a plastic bottle, fill a bucket of water, and smoking with your new bucket bong. That if; reminds recover the bucket once you have finished of smoking! 

- After a number of uses, the bongs get dirty. Dirty bongs can still be used, but the effects are minor. If you clean the bong after every use, cleaning will be much faster than if you wait for the bong is very dirty.

- There are several methods of cleaning bongs, but beware, acrylic bongs and homemade bongs can be damaged or even becoming unusable, according the method used. The glass bongs is not damaged by any cleaning method.

- Have been added a few cooking recipes with Marijuana in the mod. All are desserts or pastries, but maybe in the future I add more recipes. You can find all the recipes at the end of the text file called RecipesMarijuana v1.2. These delicious recipes have many advantages. Provides the desired psychotropic effects, and also do not cause thirst or hunger.

The Police of Meade and Hardin Counties are on the track of a person who traffics Marijuana massively. The investigators are convinced that his cover has to be a legal business, continuously visited by many people, so it does not raise suspicions. However, the apocalypse arrived just before they could stop him. Can you locate the hideout of this delinquent?. Surely there are many weeds in that place...

These are new items (35) of the mod:

Note: The first three icons are of Apocalypse+ mod. All credits to the creator. If necessary, I can change the icons.

Note2: Marijuana seeds and its container, use generic icons of the game.

Generic Items: 

- Marijuana: puyjUNo.png This icon is of Apocalypse+ mod. All credits to the creator.

- Packet of Rolling Papers: FFQHOvM.png This icon is of  Apocalypse+ mod. All credits to the creator.

- Joint, Double paper joint and Soft Joint: 8glNRHf.png This icon is of Apocalypse+ mod. All credits to the creator.

- Improvised Joints: There is also a different variety of each type of joint, created with paper of a book, which are of inferior quality.

- Empty Sachet of Marijuana: hQYUrIg.png

- Sachet of Marijuana: q0CiK6V.png Note: Drainable: 9 uses.

- Rolling paper: akj3sN5.png

- Stash of Marijuana: ipCJGcP.png

- Drying Rack: l19ZaNA.png

- Alcohol 96: Cvl8tQI.png

Bongs Cleaning Kit: w1AnWWf.png

Dish Soap: NK0Imz9.png 

Homemade Bongs: 

- Homemade Bong: 1SfsZdr.png

- Bucket Bong: rH4qI8a.png

- Bottle cut in half (for the bucket bong): aD75nLx.png

Acrylic Bongs:

- Acryl Supreme Bong: tuKySPy.png

- Acryl Lava Bong: vixpCjn.png

- Acryl Scratch Bong: kgKou2i.png

- Acryl Single Bubble Bong: sK4chGs.png

- Acryl Bukket Bong: hp0Jbwb.png

- Acryl Gas Mask Bong: YPKwPex.png

Glass Bongs:

- Glass Cobalt Bong: ygafQac.png

- Glass Honeycomb Bong: EPPi5Jn.png

- Glass Ice Blue Bong: nexQ1Pf.png

- Glass Mini Bong: AHUaLgO.png

- Glass Red Eye Ziggy Bong: 2mcq2As.png

- Glass Teal Baker Base Bong: NoDHKr0.png

Cooking Recipes:

Cannabutter: dyu9I6J.png

Cannabutter Sandwich: Generic icon of a sandwich.

- Cake of Marijuana and Slice:    i781KNf.png                                                                                           

Pie of CannaChocolate and SlicefTUygez.png

CannaChocolate Cookies: 69WX5jJ.png

- All about cooking recipes:

Have been added a few cooking recipes with Marijuana in the mod. All are desserts or pastries, but maybe in the future I add more recipes. You can find all the recipes at the end of the text file called RecipesMarijuana v1.2. These delicious recipes have many advantages. Provides the desired psychotropic effects, and also do not cause thirst or hunger.

For now, these recipes are immovable, that is, they always have the same ingredients and the same effects. I have not managed to get who the food items created using dried marijuana, as a evolved recipe, have alcoholics effects, so for now you will not be able to add extra ingredients to recipes.

The recipes are:

Cannabutter: Fundamental to the other recipes, can also be eaten in a sandwich.

Cannabutter Sandwich: Simple but very tasty and effective.

Cake of Marijuana: Made with Cannabutter.

Pie of CannaChocolate: Made with Cannabutter and Chocolate.

CannaChocolate Cookies: Small portions of cannabical delights with small pieces of chocolate.

WARNING!

There's just one little problem with cooking recipes. They use the ReplacedOnCooked code, which does not allow cooking more than two cooking recipes using this code at a time. If you cook at once in an oven, for example, a Cake of Marijuana together a few CannaChocolate Cookies, when they are fully cooked, the game suffers a crash.

You can cook a normal cooking recipe (without marijuana)at the same time that an cooking recipe of this mod (with marijuana) without problems. But no two recipes of this mod at the same time. My friends and I use these recipes without problems in both single player and our server, but always knowing that you can only cook one recipe of the mod at a time .

For those who prefer not to risk using these recipes, for example, who want to use the mod on a server full of unknown people, which can not control, or warn of this limitation, there is an easy solution. You only have to remove the Marijuana Cooking Recipes.txt file. This is located in the following path:

Marijuana \ media \ scripts

If this file is deleted, they can not cook recipes of this mod in your game.

- All about Cleaning of Bongs:

Now, after a number of uses, the bongs get dirty. Dirty bongs can still be used, but the effects are minor. If you clean the bong after every use, cleaning will be much faster than if you wait for the bong is very dirty. This will consume the same amount of alcohol, salt, etc, but greatly facilitate the proper maintenance of the bongs.

There are three methods of cleaning of bongs:

- Alcohol 96º + Salt:

You can clean a bong with a new item, the alcohol of 96 degrees, which could be very easily found in many logical sites. Also, you need fill the bong with water, salt, a toothbrush and a dishcloth to clean them.

This method is moderately fast and simple, however, it is harmful to the acrylic bongs, and also for those who have been made with a water bottle.

You can clean one of these bongs with this system, but the bong will decay slowly until ceases to be functional.

First, it will be a little damaged, with few adverse effects. After, it will be damaged, with many unpleasant effects. And finally, it will become a nice collector's item, fully cracked and without its original color. These bongs, release unpleasant flavors in addition to harmful substances, so basically, it will become useless.

Glass bongs can be cleaned with this system without problems.

- Bongs Cleaning Kits:

The best way to clean a bong, is a cleaning kit created especially for them. It is the fastest, safe and effective way to clean a bong. Will not harm acrylic bongs. Normally be found together with the bongs, or in places where these usually appear.

- Dish Soap:

A homemade solution, easy to do, but a very slow way to clean a bong. It's that slow at cause you have to clean the soap several times to avoid bad tastes when we go to smoke. The good thing is that the dish soap is found in almost any home, so it is a very cheap method of cleaning.

Besides the dish soap, you'll need fill the bong with water, a toothbrush and a dishcloth to clean them. This method is completely safe for any kind of bong.

Coming soon:

- Different varieties of Marijuana. Some increase the need for sleep, others will make you happier, others mitigate pain, etc.. QUESTIONED

- Add the magnificent sprites of marijuana plants in different stages of growth, made by Texas956.

- Be able to use Marijuana cooking recipes! The best way to have fun eating! DONE!

- A file with all the recipes explained, to make it easier to use the mod. DONE

- A complete review of as appear in the game the new objects. Actually, most of the objects do not appear easily in the game, and I do not want this to look like a game based on Marijuana. I just want that Marijuana exist in the game, not that be abundant. However, I will make a complete review of Marijuanadistributions.lua file. DONE

- A new Occupation: Drugs Dealer DONE

- Images of the mod in action. DONE

In the near future:

- More ways to consume Marijuana. Feedback is welcome!

- Get Dried Marijuana without the Drying Rack, after a moderate time.

- When possible, create custom Moodles for the effects of Marijuana. Actually, the Marijuana use the "Drunk" Moodle, and the effects of Marijuana will be the same as those of alcoholic beverages.

Testing: 

In the download, outside the mod folder, there is another folder called testfiles. These files allow you to test all the features of mod, giving immediately all necessary items to begin testing. Just use a file at a time!

The files are: 

- Farmingtest.lua: Grants all items needed to begin testing the cultivation of marijuana, in addition to items required to build a large rain collector barrel. In addition, grant the necessary experience to reach the fourth level in the Farming and Carpentry skills. Also gives extra food, so it is not necessary to look for it and you can devote himself to your new plantation. 

- Cookingrecipestest.lua:  Grants all new items cooking related of mod, to learn to use them properly, see how they work and learn their recipes. 

- Recipesitemstest.lua: Grants all new items of mod, excluding the items needed for cooking recipes, to learn to use them properly, see how they work and learn their recipes. 

- Totaltest.lua: Combines the previous files. Allows you to fully test the mod in all its aspects. 

To make them work, you ought to put the desired file in the following folder: 

\ Users \ Your User \ Zomboid \ mods \ Marijuana \ media \ lua \ client 

Once the mod is running, just press the K key on your keyboard, and you should get everything you need. 

Do not forget that for testing, you should use a character created just for this. If you use your main character, will get you many experience points and skills, and that's cheating...  

Compatibility: 

Fully compatible with build 28.3 and build 29.3.

This version should be fully compatible with previous versions of the mod, although it is advisable to start a new game to better enjoy the changes.

But if you're going to update the mod for use in a previous game, I advise you to create a backup of the game before upgrading to avoid risks. I have not had any problem loading games with earlier versions of the mod, but just in case, better make sure.

Marijuana mod is fully compatible with the fantastic RKFmod. If you use RKFmod mod along with this mod, the new profession, the Drugs dealer, will have a switchblade own of RKFmod, in addition to its normal objects, a few joints and a lighter. Use RKFmod is not mandatory. Warning! The current version of the mod RKFmod is not fully compatible with build 29.3. We'll have to wait until it is updated.

Marijuana mod is compatible with the waterpipes mod (farm irrigation mod). I advise using this to further enjoy the marijuana cultivation.

Marijuana mod is compatible with mods that use a drying rack to dry foods such as canning mod . If you find a drying rack in either of the two mods, you can dry everything smoothly.

Known Bugs: 

- None. Only some duplicate menus needed for now. If anyone can help me avoid duplicate menus, I would be very grateful. 

Installation Problems:

Now, after a lot of testing, and talk through private messages with the people who say that the mod not works, or will not appear on the ingame "mods" menu, some things are clear. 

1- Some people install the mods in the installation folder of the game: 

\ Steam \ SteamApps \ common \ ProjectZomboid \ mods 

This is not correct. The installation path of the mods in this game is: 

\ Users \ YourName \ Zomboid \ mods 

2- Some people not installed the correct folder of the mod. This means that, although the mod load and works correctly, THE MOD IS NOT IN THE LIST OF MODS, even if you has changed loaded.txt file correctly. 

The correct mod folder is not "Marijuana mod 1.2". The correct folder is "Marijuana". 

I'll include this info in the first post of the thread, and now the compressed file also include a txt file with installation instructions, and a notice on the parent folder of the mod, saying... (Not install - mod inside). 

This happens because the mod is incorrectly install, and the modloader not locate the mod.info file, which contains all information of the mod, and makes this appear in the list. Because of this erroneous folder structure, perhaps there are other bugs with the mod, but I'm not sure. Make sure to install the correct folder, please.

Until now, these were all cases of people who say the mod not work. If someone has a different bug of these, please let me know. 

Hope this helps people who have no experience installing mods.

Interesing post about this:

Multiplayer: 

- To play in multiplayer with the mod, both players must have the same mods installed. In the case of using this mod together Waterpipe mod, make sure that the two loaded.txt, loading my mod over the other. In general it is advisable to have the same load order in both computers, and also in the servertest.ini file, in the server folder.

Enjoy the mod and smoke Marijuana! Comment on and give tips please!

Here is the new version of the mod, with its list of changes. 

Download link v 1.3: http://bit.ly/1yK1eyS

Changelog:

- Marijuana Mod v 1.3 Changelog:

- It has been repaired a problem with the distribution of the drying rack. Now this item will appear correctly in the game. Those that go to update the mod for a previous game, and ye have looted many houses, do not be afraid. This object appears very often in any kitchen or General Store. The drying rack is essential because without it, you can not dry the marijuana that you have cultivated.

- The Drugs Dealer profession, has been renamed to Drug Dealer.

- Have been added custom icons to the Drug Dealer profession and to the Think Green trait.

- Fixed two exploits:

1 - Until this upgrade, you could smoke of the sachet of marijuana until only has one use of this sachet for one joint, then, you could take out the marijuana from the sachet, and place it back in another sachet. By doing so, you coming back to have another whole sachet of marijuana. This will no longer happen. If you previously have used the sachet to prepare a joint or anything, you can not remove the marijuana from his sachet.

2 - This is a minor exploit, but it is a necessary correction. Now, the double paper joint not just spend two smoking papers, now also spend two uses of the sachet of marijuana instead of one. It is logical, for this the effect is twice as strong...  

- There have been some adjustments in the amount of generation of some items. I think that the rate of appearance of items in this version is more realistic than in any previous version. As always, we depend entirely of random chance, since the scripts are based on percentages, But slowly we're getting to a good level de spawn. Sometimes, in a game will appear in a few items, and in another appear more, but the current average is very good. At last, this is a post apocalyptic world with a more or less logical levels of marijuana in the world, not a post apocalyptic world with marijuana everywhere. Some corrections will be held in the future, but these will be very minor.

- Has been created new entries / definitions on an original game file, the SuburbsDistributions.lua file. Today, many containers and buildings / rooms are not defined in this file, so it is not possible to generate objects in them through an own script. Therefore I have added these definitions to generate articles on these sites. These changes do not affect any other mod and do not cause any compatibility problem.

This makes buildings, rooms and furniture, which in version 1.2 were ready to produce marijuana-related items, can finally generate these items. For example, in version 1.2, one of the most common places to find the marijuana seeds were storageunits, but the game and the old SuburbsDistributions.lua, did not allow to generate these objects in these places. In this particular example, it is hoped that after these changes the marijuana seeds are more abundant.

- Has been made the mod compatible with some mods I posted on the forum today:

Literature Mod: Thanks to this compatibility patch, you can now take the sheets of the 1136 new books that have been added in Literature mod. Finally we can make a joint with the pages of our favorite book!

Cocaine mod: I had forgotten this mod during a long time, since I made this mod for a friend long time ago, and I not use it. But several members of the forum have asked me this mod, and, despite the risk of appearing as the drug dealer of the Forum, I posted this mod. 

Thanks to the compatibility patch, now a character created with the drug dealer profession, appears with a sachet of cocaine, and is more resistant to their harmful effects. In addition, following the story of Marijuana Mod, about what the police were on the trail of a secret place in Muldraugh, where drugs were sold in large numbers, now there also can find some cocaine in this place. If you use Cocaine mod, is advisable to use it with Marijuana mod, but can be used separately.

I probably, will launch later patches for compatibility with other mods in progress. 

In the next update, I will try to facilitate the translation of the mod. Also possibly add different side effects to smoking marijuana, some beneficial and some not so good, that will be affected by the traits elected in the creation of the character. These traits, Light Drinker and Heavy Drinker, will be more important than ever when your character consume marijuana. They will also be added a few sentences spoken by the character according as he feels his trip of marijuana,As in Cocaine mod, which you can see at this link: http://theindiestone...16-cocaine-mod/

- Marijuana Mod v 1.2 Changelog:

- As was scheduled in previous versions of the mod , now when you consume marijuana have a real impact on the game. Finally they have been enabled in the game the "Drunk" moodle, necessary to make this happen.

- Updated the files that are used to test the mod. These files now also include the new items of this release. Has also been added another new file, used to test all new cooking recipes with marijuana of the mod.

- Updated the RecipesMarijuana v1.2.txt file, which is provided alongside the mod. This now contains all recipes of creating and using items of the last release. So everyone can check this file if you do not know how to do something. There are many other recipes in the mod, but the rest of them only indicate the different states of the items, for things like cleaning and the like.

- Now you can remove the dried marijuana from his sachet in case you need it for something, such as cooking recipes (see below). That if, the sachet is lost.

- Now you need fill the bong with water before use.

- You can now also use the matches, besides the lighter, for all recipes.

- Unlike before, now the lighter and matches are actually used in the make a recipe.

- If you do not find smoking papers, you can remove the leaves from a generic book and use them as smoking paper. However, the joints made ​​with of this paper are of inferior quality and produce a little more thirsty.

- Changes in the distribution of items:

- Now no longer dependent on suburbsdistributions.lua file for the distribution of items in the world. Thus, we have almost total control of the amount of items we want to spawn in the game. So finally we will not see a Kentucky overflowing with marijuana everywhere as usual.

- Currently, less than 10% of the population (now dead) will possess marijuana-related items. The gender of the person also counts in this. As in reality, it is easier to find marijuana in their bedrooms, not in their pockets.

- Removed undried marijuana and dried marijuana of all spawn points on the map. It is not normal for someone use in these conditions its Marijuana in his pockets, and if it's quite normal to keep it in some type of sachet or container.

- Now, the items usually appear in packs. It is rare that a person have a joint and do not carry a lighter, for example. I think it's more realistic.

- The Police of Meade and Hardin Counties are on the track of a person who traffics Marijuana massively. The investigators are convinced that his cover has to be a legal business, continuously visited by many people, so it does not raise suspicions. However, the apocalypse arrived just before they could stop him. Can you locate the hideout of this delinquent?. Surely there are many weeds in that place...

- Added the new objects of the new version of the mod. They appear in logical places.

- Cleaning Bongs:

Now, after a number of uses, the bongs get dirty. Dirty bongs can still be used, but the effects are minor. If you clean the bong after every use, cleaning will be much faster than if you wait for the bong is very dirty. This will consume the same amount of alcohol, salt, etc, but greatly facilitate the proper maintenance of the bongs. There are three methods of cleaning of bongs. See the section on cooking recipes in this post.

- Cooking Recipes:

Have been added a few cooking recipes with Marijuana in the mod. All are desserts or pastries, but maybe in the future I add more recipes. You can find all the recipes at the end of the text file called RecipesMarijuana v1.2. These delicious recipes have many advantages. Provides the desired psychotropic effects, and also do not cause thirst or hunger. See the section on cleaning bongs in this post.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Marijuana Mod v 1.1 Changelog: 

- Improved compatibility with Pile Mod by MafiaPuppet.

- Fixed a bug that made the bucket full of water does not disappear from the inventory correctly when creating a Bucket Bong. 

- Added a new item: Stash of Marijuana. 

This item is basically, half kilogram of Marijuana packaged. It is an extremely difficult item to find, except maybe in the bottom of a box used by a drugs dealer to hide their merchandise. 

However, this item have quite chances of appearing in a particular building. I do not want to spoil the surprise. Think that building can be. 

- Added two new recipes related to the new item. 

- Changed the time required to perform different actions. 

- Has been created a txt file with all mod recipes for easy reference while playing. This file can be downloaded in the first post, and is also within the download. 

- Revised the Marijuanadistributions.lua file. Now all objects of the mod appear correctly in the game. In the previous version, due to an error, the Bong did not appear properly, nor the Drying Racks. Besides the distribution is now a lot more logical.

- Added a new profession: Drugs Dealer. 

This new profession has two distinctive traits. One unique trait, "Think Green", which allows to harvest double of their crops. Years of cultivate Marijuana, have made of him an expert farmer. 

The other trait is Light Drinker, that makes it less likely to feel the negative effects of alcohol, and therefore, of the Marijuana, because it act as an alcoholic beverage in all its aspects. Remember the Moodle "Drunk" works not yet in the game, but when the Moodle work well, this affect to smoking Marijuana.

- Not will be created, for the moment, different types of Marijuana. If we use the tooltips of the sleeping pills, painkillers, etc, to simulate different effects, in the near future, the game will make you have very harmful effects for consume they regularly, including death from overdose. We do not want this to happen with the Marijuana, plus it would not be real, so for now there is only one type of Marijuana in the mod. 

However, this type of Marijuana acts like the Whiskey, so acts simultaneously as a sleeping pill, a beta blocker, and a painkiller, but with softer effects.

Please inform about any error.

The next update, will focus on repair possible minor bugs, and in the food recipes with Marijuana.

Okay the Mod Works but the pictures for the items do not show up? also i live in Kentucky and you should add Kentucky Skunk a variety of weed. On another note i also have the cocaine mod and it has the same problem.

Yes, it's true. The mod was released just before the onset of build 29.4. I can see that everything works properly, but the icons have stopped working. I think all this, is because this fix in build 29.4:

UPCOMING (no Estimated Time of Arrival as usual) hotfix #4 :

All this is from our bug tracker, so naming can be.. Weird.. But it take me 3s instead of 30min, soooo...  :D

And for those who don't know, best way to report bug, I present you the mighty wonderfull BUG TRACKER !

[bUG FIX]

It is a very easy problem to fix, so has been created a small hotfix for this mod and Cocaine mod, in each of their respective threads. This is the link of the small hotfix for the Marijuana Mod:

You just have to replace the two .txt files of the hotfix. These files are in the folder:

?:\Users\YourUser\Zomboid\mods\Marijuana\media\scripts

Overrides these two text files, and icons will return to work. It is fully compatible with saved games.

Note: I've been completely out of this forum for a few days, and I think there I not will appear around here for a while. I am sure that nobody cares about my problems, that's life, but I'm about to lose forever the most important person in my life, and I want stay beside her as long as possible. Occasionally, I'll take a look at the forum, but little more. Sorry.

• nasKo locked this topic