Marijuana mod: Cultivate it yourself!

Maska_zgz

sorry i forgot to reply in here about the growing part of the mod.

i have run into an issue with that, as i cannot dig the trenches to plant the seeds. i tested it with the mod active and without.

without it active all was just fine and i seeded broccoli and other stuff

with it active, cannot dig at all. not even to get worms for fishing

but i certainly found some bongs, and packages in certain locations. now i have more dry marijuana than i have empty satchels to place it in. and a weird thing has been happening, when i have a double paper joint in my inventory i cannot get the option to smoke it, it gives me the option instead to eat it. the other joints are just fine though.

i have run into an issue with that, as i cannot dig the trenches to plant the seeds. i tested it with the mod active and without.

Sorry for the delay, now I'm on vacation away from home, and rarely I have internet access. 

I was sure that part of the mod of sowing and reaping marijuana would be affected by the new build. I still do not use build 28, so little I can do about it. As soon as build 28 is officially released, I will try to fix it.

but i certainly found some bongs, and packages in certain locations. now i have more dry marijuana than i have empty satchels to place it in. and a weird thing has been happening, when i have a double paper joint in my inventory i cannot get the option to smoke it, it gives me the option instead to eat it. the other joints are just fine though.

It is a known bug in the game, not the fault of the mod, as you can see in PZwiki: 

Basically, the joints are the same as cigarettes, as they use the action "Smoke", so suffer the same bug. I really do not know how to fix that.

You know, I don't even smoke weed on a regular basis and haven't for a long time, but this shits damn cool.

I'd also love to see the addition of growing hops or using other plants/food and maybe distilling homebrew booze, making moonshine and other consumables.

It'd be a great addition to the game I think, alongside this.

Yooooo maska!!

your mod is great!

It's got a lot of variety, and works pretty well, except for the fact that it completely breaks gardening on build 28.

I have it working with Real Kentucky Firearms, but unfortunately it seems to make it so that you cannot dig in the ground with either a spade or shovel. I tried to fix it myself, but it seems that I just breaks my save, mostly.

Interestingly enough, on the newest build you can "eat" double paper joints, and trying to plant seeds into the grounds from a save that had previously dug earth causes the world to break.

Anyways, I know that fixing this mod for the latest build is not your highest priority, but I've really enjoyed your mod and I wanna see a new version, man!

thanks for making this wonderful mod and enjoy smoking weed

Sorry for the delay, now I'm on vacation away from home, and rarely I have internet access. 

I was sure that part of the mod of sowing and reaping marijuana would be affected by the new build. I still do not use build 28, so little I can do about it. As soon as build 28 is officially released, I will try to fix it.

Got same issue, map pls fix it, otherwise it makes the mod not usable

The mod is already updated to work in build 28 Hotfix 3. Everything works again perfectly. 

I also fixed a couple of minor errors in the distribution of an item and I am adding new content to the mod.

But, thanks to my gaming experience with the mod, I've seen too many Marijuana related objects in the world, especially if you choose a level higher than the default level of loot. Really too many. And this is not what I want. 

Because of this, I'm trying completely redoing the distribution of items in the world, without depend on SuburbsDistributions file, as this file is not able to properly use any thing lower than 0.1.

I am not an expert modder of Project Zomboid, and I have very little free time, so maybe the mod is available tomorrow, or maybe in a week.

For these reasons, please, be patient. I spend many of my few hours available to update the mod. I do not like doing things halfway, so I'll finish the mod completely first, and then I'll upload it to the forum.

The mod is already updated to work in build 28 Hotfix 3. Everything works again perfectly. 

I also fixed a couple of minor errors in the distribution of an item and I am adding new content to the mod.

But, thanks to my gaming experience with the mod, I've seen too many Marijuana related objects in the world, especially if you choose a level higher than the default level of loot. Really too many. And this is not what I want. 

Because of this, I'm trying completely redoing the distribution of items in the world, without depend on SuburbsDistributions file, as this file is not able to properly use any thing lower than 0.1.

I am not an expert modder of Project Zomboid, and I have very little free time, so maybe the mod is available tomorrow, or maybe in a week.

For these reasons, please, be patient. I spend many of my few hours available to update the mod. I do not like doing things halfway, so I'll finish the mod completely first, and then I'll upload it to the forum.

sure thing man, so is current version already availble to download or u will add it later? I mean u could provide what you already did and then just make a hotfix with distribution etc.

I'm a bit in a hurry with this because my server can not be lunched without this mod again and a lot of ppl are waiting. If i just turn the mod off there will be a save conflict and i will have to wipe the world, and thats a really bad idea.

And yeah, thanks for support

Yes, I can provide you the updated version for build 28, no problem. But first I will try to make sure there will be no incompatibility with the previous version.

Tomorrow, I will send you the new version by PM, because right now I go to sleep, and I wake up at 4 in the morning for working.

Anyway, I suggest you make a backup of your server and your character, and then try the mod. Just to be sure you will not cause any problem. I do not want you to miss the server or your character by an incompatibility.

Thank you very much for using my mod, really. It makes me happy to see people having fun with the mod.  :)

Tonight or tomorrow, I'll upload the new version of the mod. I still missing a few tests to do. There have been many new additions to the mod, as well as some new mechanics.

I have spent many hours working on this, I hope you everyone likes the changes. Thank you all for your patience. 

1_zps0343eaba.jpg

if you like them i can give them to you man; they look alright

Wow, love it! You are my idol! Please, if possible, send me a link to download these sprites. I would love to use it today, and include them in the new version. All credits for this will be yours. 

Thank you so much for this!

• nasKo locked this topic