It's the little things...

Implosive

Just some minor grievances that I have with the game; mainly UI centered. 

- Option to 'Saw all Logs'. Manually clicking saw log for each one is rather tiring. 

- Related to the above. The ability to queue a task to be done 'x times'. Like open x cans, fill x bottles, etc.

- The ability to drag item out of the inventory window to drop. This is present in so many games that I find myself doing it instinctively. 

- Perhaps an info tooltip. Rather than right clicking each crop plot for information, have an option to simply hover over it. Could also be used to display information about a tile or furniture's health, inventory, etc.

- Be able to sort by weight in the inventory screen.

- Having some kind of indicator for containers or corpses that have already been looted by the player. I'd really like this implemented. It's currently very hard to thoroughly loot a pile of corpses.

- A way to check the ammo count of a firearm. Perhaps with an associated skill. Viceroy explains it pretty well: "Well a glock also has holes in the mag for bullet counting. I'd do away with the complexity of it though and bring it to a generic 'check-ammo-button' where the guy would check the mag and say something like "Looks like a few left" or "Looks like half" or "Seems kinda full". And the accuracy of the statement is based off of reloading skill."  Also be able to empty out firearms. 

- A function to wait a certain amount of time. The fast forward feature is nice, but is prone to inaccuracy. 

Thanks for reading. Love the game. 

I'm okay with all of that except for viewing the ammo count of a firearm. Other than the one in the chamber and occasionally the one beneath it, there's no way of knowing this with a weapon except by remembering or taking them all out.

Well some clips have small holes on the side to indicate an approximate amount of ammo in them. For example in the clip of RK62 assault rifle there's two holes in the clip of 30 rounds: one at the marker of 20 and the other one at 10 rounds...or something like that. That way you only have to tilt the gun in order to see from the back of the clip how much ammo you have left. Of course the amount is at least 10 or at least 20 or so.

Except we don't have an RK62 assault rifle. ;) We have a pistol, shotgun and will have soon a couple of rifles.

Well a glock also has holes in the mag for bullet counting. I'd do away with the complexity of it though and bring it to a generic 'check-ammo-button' where the guy would check the mag and say something like "Looks like a few left" or "Looks like half" or "Seems kinda full". And the accuracy of the statement is based off of reloading skill.

Except we don't have an RK62 assault rifle. ;) We have a pistol, shotgun and will have soon a couple of rifles.

Well a glock also has holes in the mag for bullet counting. I'd do away with the complexity of it though and bring it to a generic 'check-ammo-button' where the guy would check the mag and say something like "Looks like a few left" or "Looks like half" or "Seems kinda full". And the accuracy of the statement is based off of reloading skill.

Reloading at level 0 :

''Seems kinda full.''

2 Bullets left.

- Option to 'Saw all Logs'. Manually clicking saw log for each one is rather tiring. 

Just to add it would also be nice if we could right click the logs on the ground to saw them, rather than having to manually put 3-4 logs in the inventory, sawing them and then dropping again.

Just to add it would also be nice if we could right click the logs on the ground to saw them, rather than having to manually put 3-4 logs in the inventory, sawing them and then dropping again.

Yeah this too. It's kind of ridiculous the way it is now. It's implying that the character picks up the log and saws it in his hand. 

Also, I'd really like the info tooltip idea to be considered. It would be super useful and would cut down on a lot of UI clutter. Also the marking containers as viewed would be nice. 

My thoughts exactly.

Just some minor grievances that I have with the game; mainly UI centered. 

- The ability to drag item out of the inventory window to drop. This is present in so many games that I find myself doing it instinctively. 

Just coded it, will see what I can do for the logs thingy, but if you saw the logs from the floor, the planks will stay on the floor, so you still have to pick them up.

How are you able to pick up 3-4 logs?

My inventory management seems to be a bit off, then. I guess my 60 spiffos will have to wait in a bag.

well really instead of all the people talking about counting bullets, you can really guess how many are in a gun by how heavy the mag is, bullets have a big of weight to them actually.

I kinda like the 'ammo check' button idea, and having the accuracy of the assumed amount of ammo left being tied to a gun skill.

Fancy stuff like clear magazines/magazines with holes aside, it was also make sense for the 'ammo check' to take time. Think about it. To check the ammo left in your pistol, you'd need to eject the mag, look in the slit cut down the side and pop it back in. It'd take almost as much time to check your remaining ammo as it would to reload. For the bolt action rifles coming in, assuming they work in a manner to a Mosin Nagant (I'm using my experiences in Red Orchestra 2 here, I have not real experience with firearms), to check your remaining ammo, you pull the bolt back a little bit and look down into the fixed magazine to look at the bullets contained therein.

What I'm getting at, is with certain guns, checking the ammo left in your gun could take almost as long as simply reloading it. Some guns would take less time to check relative to reloading, and so on. Be interesting to have the time taken to check your ammo loaded decrease as your skills go up. A person new to using a certain type of gun might need to pull the magazine out entirely to see the bullets remaining, whereas a veteran could partially drop the magazine, check the weight with their hand, and pop it back in before the newbie has finished giving it a look.

Come to think of it, the best way of checking the ammo remaining in your gun wouldn't rely on a hotkey. Have a little tootip pop up when you mouse over a gun in your inventory, or have a little bit of text below the condition bar telling you what type of ammo the gun takes, and how much the attached magazine can hold. That way, the player can count rounds as they fire them. No need for a hotkey.

TL;DR - Having a little bit of text in the inventory screen informing the player how many rounds a firearm can be filled with would enable a player to count the shots left until their magazine runs dry, eliminating the need for a fancy hotkey.