Burials For Survivors (NPC's)

I'm new here but I've played the game for awile and I've read disscussions on the thread. Nobody seems to have thought about this and I'd love to see it in game.

Burials/Burnings

When NPC's are out, I'd love to see something about how the group(and your charater) will feel. What if...

• When an NPC survivor dies, and you have the body, you can bury them. In the game, we will be able to burn corpses of zombies so when survivors are added we should be able to do that to their body's too.

• For a burial, we can dig a hole in the ground (like with farming) and if we have the body in our inventory, we can put the body in the hole as a sort of grave.

• Then, for a headstone, you could get a plank or something to put by the grave. If it's wood, you could carve in a few words for your fellow survivor. Example, "R.I.P. Billy Bob You were a jerk" or whatever you want really.

• For burnings, you will hold a ceromony and burn the body there. I'll talk about ceromonies in a bit.

• These can help other survivors move on depending on personality.

Ceromonies

• If you are in a group, you can hold a ceromony for the dead survivor. You and your group would go and say some kind words about the dead victim at a the grave or before you burn the corpse.

• At the ceromony, survivors can talk about the fallen, depending on their relationship with them and events that took place even (That's a stretch) they will say different things. Example, Survivor 1 hated Billy Bob so he says "Can't say I'll miss him." or something while Survivor 2 loved Billy Bob and says stuff like "He saved my life, he will be missed"

Wishes

• Another interesting feature would be that some charaters will want to be buried or burned in death. You could come across this in conversations and stuff or a survivor might be in a graveyard and say "I'd hate to be buried in a cold dark coffin." And you may remeber that if you want to bury them and decide to burn them instead.

• This would depend on personality and maybe if the survivor has a certain religion.

Wrap Up

Overall, I think this would be a great feature for role playing in a group. You could have a small (or large) graveyard at your base of fallen survivors. This would add some depth to charaters and I think it would be great.

This could be added after survivors have been released too.

Note: All these options to do with the dead would all be optional (You may just want to leave the bodies where they are or you might not even have recovered the body... Who knows?)

This as already been mentioned, but not the ceremonies, I actually find that a good idea!

But, if they do add that, then I'l be wasting a lot of planks, A LOT, considering that I'm... well, me.

I'm new so I didn't know, sorry.

I think that I'm going to be buring alot of people too! Actually, I'll be dead before they are so, maybe not! HA!

This as already been mentioned, but not the ceremonies, I actually find that a good idea!

But, if they do add that, then I'l be wasting a lot of planks, A LOT, considering that I'm... well, me.

I think that I'm going to be buring alot of people too! Actually, I'll be dead before they are so, maybe not! HA!

I forgive you, but just because you have kenny's picture

I forgive you, but just because you have kenny's picture

Kennehs muh bro!

I like the burial idea. They are adding signs and paint next build one of the paints is a skull so that can mark where a group member died or is buried.

*OFFTOPIC* I like your Kenny profile pic too! Telltale also confirmed a third season of the video game :P.

Moar clementine?

They've barely announced anything but Clementine will most likely survive.It would be too cliche for the protagonist to die in the end again. Maybe we'll take over another random character. Maybe we will take over Bonnie or maybe Clementine again. *EDIT* *SPOILERS* Well seeing if Bonnie survives the gunfight at the end of the Amid The Ruins

Oh mai god itz Kennay! 

To be honest, it would be decent for there to be ceremonies...

Started a discussion thread for The Walking Dead (Game) In off topic general discussions :D .

Edited by Johnny

I just think that this would be great to add depth to NPC's. Also, it would help your character move on depending on personality

Oh mai god itz Kennay! 

To be honest, it would be decent for there to be ceremonies...

Started a discussion thread for The Walking Dead (Game) In off topic general discussions :D .

Cool! I'll check it out.

Deffo would like to see burying your dead friends in the game. Not sure if ceremonies are going a bit far but certainly could have some dialogue and whatnot  its not really clear how good a eulogy we could rustle up that wasn't general and non character specific :).

Thanks for this amazing game!

Yay, the ceremonies would be a bit hard but as long as I can have a massive graveyard at my camp, I'm cool! :D 

Keep up the great work guys! :)

I like the burial idea. They are adding signs and paint next build one of the paints is a skull so that can mark where a group member died or is buried.

*OFFTOPIC* I like your Kenny profile pic too! Telltale also confirmed a third season of the video game :P.

Oh yeah! I wasn't sure about the third season, but thank god it's comin'! I have to admit, I am HOOKED on the story. A bit off topic I know.  :D

They've barely announced anything but Clementine will most likely survive.It would be too cliche for the protagonist to die in the end again. Maybe we'll take over another random character. Maybe we will take over Bonnie or maybe Clementine again. *EDIT* *SPOILERS* Well seeing if Bonnie survives the gunfight at the end of the Amid The Ruins

I wouldn't put it past them, but if they do, It'll be just as sad to me as Lee's death. I get way to attached to the characters in these kinds of things.

(This topic really changed course I've noticed)

• 6 months later...

Deffo would like to see burying your dead friends in the game. Not sure if ceremonies are going a bit far but certainly could have some dialogue and whatnot  its not really clear how good a eulogy we could rustle up that wasn't general and non character specific :).

I think you guys could handle it sort of like Left 4 Dead. Burying people could be something of your own initiative, but when a friend dies in the presence of other survivors (who liked, or hated that person) they could have comments around the body. But not much else. Maybe the others could get angry/frustrated, and need to be consoled overtime. Stuff that's been thought about before, I know.

You know this is an interesting subject. When one of my teammates on my server dies, I always pick their body up and store it in a closet (just to remind them what happens when you f**k with me.... lol jk) It'd be nice to bury them though.

On a separate note: You should never bury survivors, only bury dead people.