NPC family & close friends

Drious

Hello everyone!,

So i wanted to know if there will be an option to spawn with NPC (when they will get implemented) family (brother,sister,wife...) or close friends in the same house so you can actually have someone you can trust in the begining. what do you think guys? leave all your thoughts in the comments and thank you for replying :)

This would be a great implementation! To do this I have an Idea. After you pick your spawn, you could pick how many people/npc's you want to be with you (Maximum of 3 or so) and after you create yourself, you would get to customize your fellow survivors. That's the best way I could think of adding it in.

This would be a great implementation! To do this I have an Idea. After you pick your spawn, you could pick how many people/npc's you want to be with you (Maximum of 3 or so) and after you create yourself, you would get to customize your fellow survivors. That's the best way I could think of adding it in.

That is exactly what i was thinking of! :D

Or better yet not have them spawn around with you but have them scattered somewhere in the town you spawn in, and you have to find and rescue 'em? I think I asked the similar question on one of the Q.A Mondoids quite a while ago, and the answer was pretty long :P

Actually, here it is.

Q. “With introduction of NPC’s, can we expect something like ‘up to 3 NPC friends’ on spawn, with customizable looks, names, professions and even your relationship to them?” from LeoIvanov.

A. We actually have some interesting plans regarding this. Certainly in character customization you should be able to specify that you’re married, or have a brother/sister who may be around. One day we’d like to do a kinda G.O.A.T test style Choose Your Own Adventure before you start playing (you could revert to standard character customization if you wished).

This would detailing key events in your life and choosing what you do, to shape your character. Then perhaps a bunch of questions about the day of the apocalypse. Were you travelling down the highway to meet your wife from work maybe, or laid in bed after pulling a sickie at work?

This would define your starting circumstances, and may add additional quests for your character to try and complete during the game, such as reuniting with lost loved ones and so on.

This is a while off, of course, but it’s something we’ve talked about a lot. (Lemmy)

Or better yet not have them spawn around with you but have them scattered somewhere in the town you spawn in, and you have to find and rescue 'em? I think I asked the similar question on one of the Q.A Mondoids quite a while ago, and the answer was pretty long :P

Yep, i like the idea too, like at the begining you can choose if you want to go search for them or just forget about them...

This will had a lot of potential, as it will actually give you objectives other than surviving, and the devs will accomplish they're goal of , and I quote, but am to lazy to find the actual sentence, ''having people watch playthroughs of the game and assume it to be part of the story mode'', but I would love if it DIDNT show up in some kind of quest marker, so you would have to REMEMBER it in your head.