Chatting About NPCs

migulao

I didn't see this anywhere else, so I decided to make a topic about what people think about NPCs, just to natter about it, see what you are most excited of about them, and so on.

I personally am so excited about them, and the only way to calm myself down is talking about my hype in the forums

So please, have a seat, grab a beer, and shoot that zomboid's brains out, while chatting with other survivors about the other less important bastards that you will probably throw down a cliff, just for the heck of it.

Update Note: I've been searching around, and apparently the 2.0R 2.5 version of the game has ( Not very good) NPCs, here's the link:  https://www.dropbox....Zomboid_RC2.exe

The version was found here: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/2064-older-versions/

Note that you might need to have the desura version for this to work.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to get one other person for a while, (Kinda like Ellie and Joel in TLU) and then go around the world fighting other survivors, and gradually collecting more survivors, maximum of 4. Then, I plan on making a last stand on purpose, and seeing which one of us dies last.

That is probably the best part of having a companion

I want to get one other person for a while, (Kinda like Ellie and Joel in TLU) and then go around the world fighting other survivors, and gradually collecting more survivors, maximum of 4. Then, I plan on making a last stand on purpose, and seeing which one of us dies last.

I want this so much, I'm only going to have one companion for a while, maybe we'll find a bigger group and split ways. So many outcomes... 

I want this so much, I'm only going to have one companion for a while, maybe we'll find a bigger group and split ways. So many outcomes... 

I know right? The NPC's and the secrets that the devs hold, it's been crawling in my skin for some time!

I can't wait to see them operate independently, maybe even do some stalking. ;-)

It would be awesome if the death of survivors that you get close to, end up hurting your character emotionally. It would affect things like brooding, or getting angry faster (permanently). It would make your survivor more wary of getting close or accepting others, after a few bad experiences. Anyway, I agree with Phantom. 4 max, to many and uprising becomes a problem. And they better be useful :D

It would be awesome if the death of survivors that you get close to, end up hurting your character emotionally. It would affect things like brooding, or getting angry faster (permanently). It would make your survivor more wary of getting close or accepting others, after a few bad experiences. Anyway, I agree with Phantom. 4 max, to many and uprising becomes a problem. And they better be useful :D

Although over 4 might not be a problem, but you may need a well and need 2 people to watch the giant farm you are gonna have to build.

I think it's fair to say that the old NPC build isn't even close to be representative of what NPC's are like now, I would imagine.

Yeah I downloaded an older build with them in it and was pretty disappointed. You can tell from the last weeks mondoid that they are a lot better already. Although even being able to exist for more than two minutes is a major improvement. I started a game once, where an NPC spawned in the same building and I watched him instantly leave the house and instantly die lol.

I wanted to try the build -snip- linked but apparently I need a desura code for it which I don't have. Anyway NPCs are supposed to build bases and farm right?

Is there anyway to transfer a steam code to desura?

I wanted to try the build -snip- linked but apparently I need a desura code for it which I don't have. Anyway NPCs are supposed to build bases and farm right?

Is there anyway to transfer a steam code to desura?

No.

My plan is to play online with a couple of friends. Each friend leading their own group of NPCs, waging an unholy nerd war against each other. 

*double post*

That would be awesome!! Server with pvp turned off, but where you could send NPCs to gank other players. :o

Project Zomboid? a survival game where not only do you need to take care of all human needs (besides bladder), but now, you will have to manage an army, it will become the most awesome RTS EVAH

My plan is to play online with a couple of friends. Each friend leading their own group of NPCs, waging an unholy nerd war against each other. 

*double post*

That would be awesome!! Server with pvp turned off, but where you could send NPCs to gank other players. :o

Project Zomboid? a survival game where not only do you need to take care of all human needs (besides bladder), but now, you will have to manage an army, it will become the most awesome RTS EVAH

If that interests you, you should try Kenshi. It's basically that, with swords. 

http://lofigames.com/