The heir!

Lamenuit

I know the Devs do not want to add children and babies. But there, I do not propose to add their sprite in. Only to have an heir.

Without putting sprite child or baby. management may be able to do it this way.

With NPC: If you help enough NPC of the opposite sex, he might be inclined to have an heir. Once the NPC to accept, then there is an ink dot. When your avatar dies, an heir (adulte!!!!) Appears next to the NPC. It has the same name (NPC or player), the player chooses his name, but the most interesting is that the player can keep 20% experience points from father or mother. We then deduce that it is the father or mother who taught him to choose some, so he left with some knowledge.

With another player: It will happen the same way, except that two players will have to play all 10 days. There could be an option that binds each player. An option like "friend, or member of a group." As this option is Inrush between two players, then the hours passed between them are recorded.

NB!!! : There will be no strange sprite sex etc.. This idea is mainly emitted in order to be able to keep a small (very small part), experience points a former avatar. And have some sort of realism and continuity in the game!

Thank you for reading and I hope to be understandable

Yes, it is "how you die" in this principle, you still die. But you leave an heir, who also will die and so on.

It would not be easy to have an heir. And I repeats, but there will be no sprite child or adolescent. But you simply resume a character with the same name and a little experience of the old avatar.

It remains in the spirit of the game and it's still a good way to have some continuity, while dying.

The best thing about the game is the real danger to your character.  If you survive for 1 year and you max stuff out and then you get sloppy and get scratched and then you die, that's a real consequence and what makes it great.  Having some kind of mechanic that allows you to carry over the stats and xp removes that consequence. 

It remains in the spirit of the game and it's still a good way to have some continuity, while dying.

With all due respect, it doesn't. No matter what you call it, it's still a glorified, whitewashed respawn mechanic. It's not something we want for PZ.

It remains in the spirit of the game and it's still a good way to have some continuity, while dying.

With all due respect, it doesn't. No matter what you call it, it's still a glorified, whitewashed respawn mechanic. It's not something we want for PZ.

You can already respawn in a way, just load up the save in which you died, and create another character, you just don't have the  skillpoints, so, there already is kind of a respawn mechanic.

You can already respawn in a way, just load up the save in which you died, and create another character, you just don't have the  skillpoints, so, there already is kind of a respawn mechanic.

That is just starting a new character from scratch.  That is fine, carrying over stats and exp is not, if you die you die, tough :D  

I discussed this with Lemmy101 a while back and the tl;dr is that when they get to it, this will no longer be the case for survival, only sandbox.

That is just starting a new character from scratch.  That is fine, carrying over stats and exp is not, if you die you die, tough :D

But the world stays the same, the building stay the same, the loot stays the same, your fortifications stay the same, everything stays the same, except the person youve survived with for months, and bonded deeply with has died because of ONE, LITTLE, GODDAMMNED SCRATH! Excalibur Quackapacka I miss you so much ;_;.

But if you add children you will never feel the real danger like you did, you will tell yourself if i die it's not a big problem at all because you will always have children and in some way you actually don't really die, and that's not the purpose of the game but it is no matter how you fight or how much you will survive you now that you will die sooner or later. so i'm sorry but i disagree with having children.

One word: Clementine.

I know the creators of the game want to skirt the idea of a violent zombie apocalypse somehow averting children being harmed, but I have consistently found it to be immersion breaking to just deny they exist (especially when TellTale Games has done such a wonderful job showing some kids are not as helpless as they seem). I think there should be something, and having heirs - a reason to try to survive - would be a great way to add depth to survival when it comes to NPC juggling.

It would be bad enough losing your character ("this is how you died"), but imagine coming back in as a new stranger, eventually running into your growing, possibly bitter, orphan child. What if they become an enemy or raider? Interesting opportunities for server storytelling.

Honestly, though, it'd be something I'd rather see as a mod after we get more insight into how the NPC stuff is going to work out  - that way it'd be optional for people rather than force the idea on them. That way, everyone wins.

One word: Clementine.

I know the creators of the game want to skirt the idea of a violent zombie apocalypse somehow averting children being harmed, but I have consistently found it to be immersion breaking to just deny they exist (especially when TellTale Games has done such a wonderful job showing some kids are not as helpless as they seem). I think there should be something, and having heirs - a reason to try to survive - would be a great way to add depth to survival when it comes to NPC juggling.

It would be bad enough losing your character ("this is how you died"), but imagine coming back in as a new stranger, eventually running into your growing, possibly bitter, orphan child. What if they become an enemy or raider? Interesting opportunities for server storytelling.

Honestly, though, it'd be something I'd rather see as a mod after we get more insight into how the NPC stuff is going to work out  - that way it'd be optional for people rather than force the idea on them. That way, everyone wins.

In addition, when you lose a character, you will recover with his heir as 10% or 20% of the XP that his father or mother have.

I think it'd work better as a protege system; you build a strong relationship with an NPC you adopt (raising an NPC child from baby to adult would be pretty immersion breaking in the space of a few nights) - and there is a chance (A chance, to make it interesting) to - after your death - become that NPC as your new player character. 

This NPC would inherit whatever skills you've helped them acquire (depending on the sophistication of the NPC system) during their time with you (with them flagged as your Protege). That way, the work you put into NPCs you rescue or spend your time with (or hell, imagine if one KILLED you in the first place for some reason!) actually has a purpose other than playing house. Incentivize it further... they might have access to unique backgrounds that aren't available at character generation. What could you find? Imagine finding out your protege was actually an escaped convict who'd been lying to you all along (complete with bonuses due the background)!

Imagine playing as your invested protege now turned cold blooded backstabber? Intrigue! Otherwise play as your former best friend/adopted sibling/child (though I still doubt anyone but modders will put children into PZ, I would), now finding your zombified body to put you to rest? That's the grim stuff that could really put the "This is how you died" in perspective.

Ultimately, I think PZ's tagline "This is how you died" itself is a bit too negative especially when it has little else to redeem it. We all die, after all. A better question is "What did you die for?"

its not official though and official i like

"You can't always get what you want

But if you try sometimes well you might find

You get what you need"

The Stones know all about your plight, so have faith in them.  Also, if you got it in a mod, what is the difference?

I am against having violence against children in a game, and it would seem in the PZ setting there would be no way to really avoid it without it breaking immersion. 

You guys can post some really great ideas, it is just heartbreaking when they are about something that has been confirmed to not be in the game.