surival essentials

Tsukune117

okay for today im just going to make a quick one.

survival ideas

hygiene

yes we have this is in the game already but staying cool and cosy isnt what im talking about. i would love to see this game taken to the next step with survival. having to wash you body and clean it with soap, cutting nails so you dont get infections, cutting your hair and shaving your beard when it gets long, brushing your teeth etc. i would love to have control over how my characters hygiene takes place in many times and having serous consequences for not looking after your hygiene.

misc stealth

yes this idea i copied from the walking dead and yes this IS bad for your hygiene. being able to cut open zombies guts and putting it over you in serious times to make sure zombies dont follow you home. and if applied enough you could pass by zombies without them even noticing you

effigies

this would  also help for zombies not to smell or feel your presence like above but isnt a walk across the street one. making effigies for your house so zombies cant smell that your in there.

Possibly effigies, but if you pick a good place for your fort you will probably not have pretty much zombie issues (i made my fort pretty far from westpoint in a small town and honestly i don't have any issues with zombies attacking my fort, just some times migrating zombies get to my fort but each morning i go and clear the town) unless you wanna live pretty close to the city in that case the effigies could be useful.

The personal hygiene mostly covers the going to bathroom stuff. Mash has said that they might add the ability to shower, but only as a buff and notsomething you have to do. The reason for it being no is micromanagement.

About the smell, I don't think atm zombies smell you unless you're bleeding, so imo there's little reason adding stuff that would only cover sandbox elements.

How much Zomboid have you played so far Tsukune? Zomboid works under the romero-ish zombie lore. They're slow, they're dumb, but there's shit loads of them. Escaping from zombies is as easy as breaking line of sight, then sneaking off in a different direction. Same principle applies from a single zombie to a horde.

Where you'll run into trouble is loosing your situational awareness, and generally cocking up. Like firing a gun, pulling zombies from every direction, and not having enough of a gap to squeeze through to escape.

Remember, we're talking 'classic' zombies in Project Zomboid. Nine times out of ten, you'll get bitten because you've done something stupid as a player, such as positioning yourself wrong in combat, or failing to loose that horde before entering your safehouse, rather than being hunted and overrun by the undead. You don't need guts for camo or anything :P

That being said, nail clipping, hair washing/brushing and shaving would all be nice little things to add to any future 'hygiene' update. You wouldn't -need- to shave your beard off, or brush your teeth (ick!), but doing so gives your character some little positive buffs to help them fell better as they go about their day.