Mental Disorders

CaptKaspar

In the event of any apocalyptic scenario there would be an extreme shortage of medicine for mental disorders.  Your local pharmacy would run out quick and with production and delivery of new medicine halted, there would be a lot of untreated mentally disturbed people running around.

Will there be a few nut-case NPCs? Ones that maybe defy logical decisions?

Maybe that could be a negative trait for our characters? Causing hallucinations (seeing zombies/NPCs that aren't there), anxiety, depression, etc?

Not a major issue, but something that I would think would be cool have implemented.

In the event of any apocalyptic scenario there would be an extreme shortage of medicine for mental disorders.  Your local pharmacy would run out quick and with production and delivery of new medicine halted, there would be a lot of untreated mentally disturbed people running around.

Maybe that could be a negative trait for our characters? Causing hallucinations (seeing zombies/NPCs that aren't there), anxiety, depression, etc?

Not a major issue, but something that I would think would be cool have implemented.

Oh my god.....we must implement this! This is a god send! May you be the father of meh babahs?  :shock:  :-|

I used to get the claustrophobic or the "Scared of Outdoors" perk, and I would pretend that my character was prescribed them before the apocalypse, and now he has to find his pills. It added a great deal of "Spazazz!" To the game. 

So I think your idea would be nice to have, and maybe, they could be perks for characters, causing them to search for their pills. Some conditions could cause, like you said, hallucinations, severe pain, lower perception, cause coughing, (Asthma, not a condition I guess, but still interesting) hot flashes, talking to self, (Attracting zeds and making survivors distant towards you) cause the shakes, make you more needy to water, and more. Now these would be stoppable early in the game due to meds, but as time went by, they'd be uncontrollable, due to no more pills. It would make each character more unique. There could be a perk to where you don't like taking pills, and doing so decreases happiness.

I feel curious about this too; I have major depression, anxiety, and PTSD, and I feel curious as to how this would affect a person of my stature, using these as a negative factor to give perk points could give more depth into the character creation factor, such as; lets say its me in the game, I'm going to need to stockpile antidepressants because I take them daily in real-life, there are "other" things I take for depression, but that is for another topic...

Offtopic

Cool, mental disorders, now I can truly make my character, I just need all 25 added and I'll be good to go! :D

Instead of commas you might want to try dots. ;)
sry

Mental disorders are interesting and I'd be glad to see some wackjob NPCs. However I don't think the representation of real life disorders would be needed. Just something to indicate that you're a bit off. Maybe a mentally unstable trait that would have varying/random effects dependant on save.

Offtopic

Cool, mental disorders, now I can truly make my character, I just need all 25 added and I'll be good to go! :D

sry

Mental disorders are interesting and I'd be glad to see some wackjob NPCs. However I don't think the representation of real life disorders would be needed. Just something to indicate that you're a bit off. Maybe a mentally unstable trait that would have varying/random effects dependant on save.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/334-mental-health-discussion-thread/

Offtopic

sry

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/334-mental-health-discussion-thread/

STOP COPYING ME! :D