Balance survival skills

Suino

Hello everybody!

I`ve been playing this game for a couple weeks, and really loving it, so I hope I can help with some suggestions to it.

I'm seeing that somewhat, the food gathering skills looks a little unbalanced, and now with the sea fishing maybe overpower towards others. Making other skills useless cause of the needs they have.

Let`s see:

-Farming -> Provides a good amount of food, but it needs a high amount of water, need something to protect from zombies, diseases and also takes much time to harvest. In the end the food will rotten really quick.

-Trapping -> You have to spend some precious non-perishable food in order to get some animals, sometimes. (could have some hunting skill books as other`s)

-Fishing -> This one could be improved. I really like to fish in the game, but I think it`s too easy. What makes it hard is the twine availability and the breaking the rod possibility, but its really easy to maintain a calm life with your day-by-day fish without any problems. With you get a good supply of line, you may have an ''infinite'' food supply. Also the fishes you get, despite different sizes, they all weight the same. Maybe makes more harder to get fishes at lower levels, or just to get really tiny fishes at those, I don't see much improvement when you level up fishing.

-------

-About some other skills, I don't know if there`s something planned, but carpentry lvl 5, I don't know what adds on the game, cause you can build everything at lvl 4.

-And cooking could be more useful, cause despite all the bonuses, you need a lot of efforts to cook, because power usually get`s off pretty soon and you don't use the skill in the beginning. Yet, the bonuses of cooking, could be achieved easily by eating a little bit more, or reading book and having some antidepressants. Im not saying it is bad, just, could have some differential to make the skill really useful, even with the higher fed possibility.

Ok guys, I maybe wrote too much. Im not saying it is bad, actually I really loved the game, that's why I want to make some points there. Usually I don't say anything, but as I liked it so much, I would like to help.

Feel free to criticize me, and by the way, I did read the ''how to write a good suggestion post'', so if anything wrong or already suggested, please take it easy =)

I totally agree with you, but don't worry the skills will be improved sooner or later :) .

but there is something i don't agree with : when you said that we must spend some non-perishable sometimes in order to get some animals, i actually always use potatos as bait and i always catched rabbits.

oh good to know... hahaha didn`t know about this =p ... anyway its already good, but I think just need some balance to make the skills almost even to be usable and have a good variety of players using different skills to achieve their survival.

Mikaelkerensky, for fishing there is this fact that u need to be close from the water. But when u in west point is very easy, also there are not so much zambies near the water.